|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dwayne do following his reading of Kilgore's novel?
(a) Flees from Midland City.
(b) Goes on a violent rampage.
(c) Visits estranged friends and family.
(d) Burns the book.
2. What happens after the newspapers pick up a comment Kilgore makes to the police?
(a) People berate Midland City.
(b) Kilgore is asked not to give a speech anymore.
(c) People start boycotting the arts festival.
(d) NYC citizens think there is a new crime wave.
3. What did the element that Celia ingested do to her?
(a) Dissolved her insides.
(b) Halted her appetite.
(c) Dehydrated her.
(d) Caused vomiting.
4. What does the writing on the bathroom wall say?
(a) It says something mean about someone Kilgore doesn't know.
(b) It is Kilgore's name and address.
(c) It asks about the meaning of life.
(d) It predicts what happens in the future.
5. What does Kilgore learn in school about the discovery of America?
(a) It was discovered earlier than 1492.
(b) It was established by weaponery and slavery.
(c) It was established through fair trade.
(d) It was established by missionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kilgore decide after reading what he saw written in the bathroom?
2. After going to the New York police station, what do the police assume Kilgore to be?
3. What is causing Dwayne's continual mental instability?
4. Who sends Dwayne into a rage with a comment about adoption?
5. What does Dwayne demand from Kilgore when he first meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kilgore's counter argument to the driver's stance on the need for conservation of natural resources?
2. How are the relationships between the pets and Kilgore and Dwayne different?
3. Why is Harry LeSabre upset by Dwayne's comment about his outfit looking like that of a mortician?
4. What significance did Kilgore's comment in the police station end up having on the residents of NY?
5. What does Dwayne do in Chapter 4 that alludes to his increasing mental instability?
6. What is the difference between Dwayne's personal life and business life?
7. Who is Cyprian Ukwende and why is he staying at the Midland City Holiday Inn?
8. What do the illustrations in Chapter 1 do for the tone of the chapter?
9. Who are the two principle characters of the novel and how are they presented in Chapter 1?
10. In Chapter 10, why does Kilgore have to sit on the floor of the truck he rides in?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)