|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kilgore attempt to do after reading what was written on the bathroom wall?
(a) Create a new language.
(b) Beam his thoughts to the creator.
(c) Contact alien life forms.
(d) Start a seminar on science fiction.
2. Later in the day after Kilgore gets a ride, what does Kilgore call the person he watches eating in the diner?
(b) A glutton.
(d) An idiot.
3. Where does Kilgore wake up after walking the street in Chapter 8?
(a) The pornography theatre.
(b) An alleyway.
(c) A hotel.
(d) Central Park.
4. What is Cyprian's vocation?
(d) Cancer researcher.
5. What is the check meant for that Kilgore receives with the letter?
(a) Medical expenses.
(b) Award money.
(c) Bribe money.
(d) Travel expenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kilgore see while in the bathroom stall?
2. What is the plague that infests the planet in the science fiction story Kilgore comes up with?
3. Why is Dwayne's wife dead?
4. What happens to Dwayne when he leaves the hotel?
5. What does Kilgore and the person he catches a ride with talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the plot of the science fiction novel Kilgore comes up with while watching films at the pornography theatre?
2. What does Kilgore think about mirrors? What does he think they are?
3. What is Kilgore's reason for accepting the invitation to speak at the arts festival?
4. How are the relationships between the pets and Kilgore and Dwayne different?
5. How is the Preface in Breakfast of Champions presented in terms of genre?
6. What is Kilgore's novel, Plague On Wheels, about?
7. Who sends Kilgore a fan letter and what is the book that the fan praises?
8. Why is Kilgore reluctant at first to accept the invitation to speak at the arts festival?
9. Who asks Kilgore to be a keynote speaker and why?
10. How does The Narrator's childhood fear of diseases play into the novel?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)