|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kilgore see while in the bathroom stall?
(a) A question written on the wall.
(b) Someone's purse.
(c) A letter to him written on the wall.
(d) Blood on the floor.
2. Where do Kilgore and the driver arrive at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Midland City.
(b) Washington D.C.
(d) New York.
3. What does The Narrator claim the book to be in terms of himself?
(a) His birthday present.
(b) A gift to his son.
(c) His ultimate literary idolization.
(d) A mirror to his soul.
4. Where does Cyprian work?
(a) A pharmacy.
(b) A family clinic.
(c) A research center.
(d) A local hospital.
5. Who does Dwayne believe the insight he gains from reading Kilgore's novel is from?
(a) His late father.
(c) President of the United States.
(d) Creator of the Universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kilgore make his living?
2. Who sits near Dwayne during breakfast?
3. What does Kilgore believe about mirrors?
4. What is the name of Dwayne's dog?
5. Who is Dwayne's number one salesman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between Dwayne's personal life and business life?
2. Why is Kilgore reluctant at first to accept the invitation to speak at the arts festival?
3. After pondering the question on the bathroom wall, what is Kilgore lead to think about?
4. What happens to Kilgore after he notices that a car is following him as he walks down 42nd Street?
5. Why does Dwayne think he is hallucinating Wayne when he first meets him?
6. Who is Wayne Hoobler and what does he want at Dwayne's car dealership?
7. What is the irony of Kilgore browsing in the pornography shop in New York?
8. Who are the two principle characters of the novel and how are they presented in Chapter 1?
9. Why does Dwayne have to stand in line at his own hotel?
10. What are the events given in the quick presentation of the novel?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)