|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kilgore decide after the driver tells him about the bad novel he has read?
(a) To change his name.
(b) To make more copies of the book to sell.
(c) To remain anonymous.
(d) To tell the man he wrote the book.
2. How did Dwayne respond to what Bunny said at ten years-old?
(a) He sent him to a psychiatrist.
(b) He grounded him.
(c) He sent him to military school.
(d) He sent him to live with relatives.
3. In chapter 21, who surrounds Rabo at the piano in the hotel lounge?
(a) His family and friends.
(b) A string quartet.
4. What is Wayne instructed to do once he comes inside the hotel and eats a steak?
(a) To leave once he is done eating.
(b) To fill out a server application.
(c) To look through a peephole.
(d) To help wash the dishes.
5. What is Kilgore reading as he travels in Chapter 16?
(a) Midland City Magazine.
(b) A pornographic magazine.
(c) Now It Can Be Told.
(d) This Is The Time.
6. What does Kilgore do when he is stuck in traffic on the way to Midland City?
(a) Honks the horn.
(b) Calls home to check his messages.
(c) Gets out and walks.
(d) Tells the driver to make a u-turn.
7. What does Dwayne take off of Kilgore's table?
(a) Kilgore's plate of food.
(b) Kilgore's drink.
(c) The book, Now It Can Be Told.
(d) One of Kilgore's manuscripts.
8. What does Bunny do for a living?
(a) Police officer.
9. Who is Beatrice Keedlser?
(a) A writer of children's books.
(b) A novelist.
(c) A museum curator.
(d) A painter.
10. How does The Narrator celebrate his birthday at the end of the novel?
(a) By writing a new novel.
(b) By freeing all of his characters.
(c) By burning the novel.
(d) By celebrating with the characters.
11. What does Dwayne do when he gets back to the car dealership?
(a) He tries to find a cure for his disorder.
(b) He talks to Harry.
(c) He calls the waitress.
(d) He looks at pornography.
12. Who is Bunny Hoover?
(a) Dwayne's cousin.
(b) Dwayne's biological brother.
(c) Dwayne's son.
(d) Dwayne's mother.
13. Who tries to intervene in Dwayne's beating and also gets a finger bitten off?
(d) The Narrator.
14. What drove everyone out of the Sacred Miracle Cave?
(a) The animal droppings.
(b) The stink of the bubbles bursting.
(c) The bats that fly around the cave.
(d) The acidic waste.
15. Who is playing music while Dwayne is in the hotel at the beginning of Chapter 18?
(d) The Narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the literature Kilgore is reading say about the reader's behavior?
2. Where does Kilgore see the coal mining landscape?
3. What does Kilgore do when he leaves the hospital?
4. Where do Francine and Dwayne meet after he calls her?
5. Who does Dwayne find in the parking lot when he leaves the hotel after his rampage?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)