|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who recognizes Kilgore at the hotel claim he has returned from?
(b) New York City.
(c) A negative life.
2. What is Kilgore devastated about after being recognized at the hotel?
(a) He does not want to be a writer anymore.
(b) No one else has recognized him.
(c) He is not anonymous.
(d) He is recognized for the wrong thing.
3. What does Kilgore decide after the driver tells him about the bad novel he has read?
(a) To remain anonymous.
(b) To make more copies of the book to sell.
(c) To tell the man he wrote the book.
(d) To change his name.
4. What does The Narrator note about Eliot after he has arrived in Midland City?
(a) He wishes he had not written Eliot into the novel.
(b) He stole the idea of Eliot's character from another novel.
(c) He is featured in another of The Narrator's novels.
(d) He is going to delete Eliot's character from the novel.
5. Who is the 17-year-old waitress that serves Dwayne his hamburger?
(a) Patty Keene.
(b) Phoebe Hurty.
(c) His niece.
(d) Francine Pefko.
6. Who does Dwayne beat when he reaches the car dealership?
7. What is Harry wearing at the car dealership in Chapter 13?
(a) A Hawaiian costume.
(b) A Halloween costume.
(c) A bright yellow blazer.
(d) Plaid pants.
8. What did Bunny tell Dwayne when he was ten years-old?
(a) He wanted to be like his dad.
(b) He hated the piano.
(c) He thought he was adopted.
(d) He wanted to be a woman.
9. What does Dwayne take off of Kilgore's table?
(a) One of Kilgore's manuscripts.
(b) Kilgore's drink.
(c) The book, Now It Can Be Told.
(d) Kilgore's plate of food.
10. What did Kyle and Lyle use to get rid of the bubbles in the cave?
(b) Their shotguns.
(c) A jack hammer.
(d) Industrial soap.
11. What does Kilgore see that caused the traffic jam he was stuck in?
(a) Road work.
(b) A dead cow.
(c) Fatal car crash.
(d) A car hijacking.
12. What has Kilgore often imagined that he remembers when he sees The Narrator in the lounge?
(a) That he is the same person as The Narrator.
(b) That he is a character in someone's novel.
(c) That whatever Kilgore writes comes true.
(d) That The Narrator is a character from one of Kilgore's stories.
13. What drove everyone out of the Sacred Miracle Cave?
(a) The acidic waste.
(b) The stink of the bubbles bursting.
(c) The animal droppings.
(d) The bats that fly around the cave.
14. What does Wayne do after watching the patrons through the peephole?
(a) Walks over to join in the conversation.
(b) Asks Rabo if he could play the piano.
(c) Continues eating.
(d) Goes outside.
15. What happens to Dwayne once the police arrive at the scene of the beating?
(a) He is beaten by the police.
(b) He is injected with a serum.
(c) He is knocked unconscious.
(d) He is strapped down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dwayne do in the lobby after assaulting Bunny and before going outside?
2. Who does Kilgore realize is watching him in the hotel lounge?
3. What does Kilgore do when he is stuck in traffic on the way to Midland City?
4. What does The Narrator say about his own mother and Bunny's mother, Celia?
5. Who is wearing mirrored sunglasses in the hotel lounge?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)