|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnie MacMahon, a waitress, say whenever she serves a patron a martini?
(a) "Goodbye blue Monday!"
(b) "Now it can be told!"
(c) "Breakfast of champions!"
(d) "Happy hour!"
2. What direction is Kilgore traveling in at the beginning of Chapter 16?
3. Who are Kyle and Lyle?
(a) Dwayne's cousins.
(b) Dwayne's twin brothers.
(c) Dwayne's uncles.
(d) Dwayne's children.
4. What birthday does The Narrator celebrate at the end of the novel?
(a) His 50th.
(b) His 30th.
(c) His 60th.
(d) His 40th.
5. What does Dwayne take off of Kilgore's table?
(a) Kilgore's drink.
(b) The book, Now It Can Be Told.
(c) One of Kilgore's manuscripts.
(d) Kilgore's plate of food.
6. Where do Francine and Dwayne meet after he calls her?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) The Holiday Inn.
(c) Dwayne's house.
(d) A motel.
7. Who sits in the hotel lounge with Dwayne and Bunny, after Dwayne arrives and has a martini?
(b) The Narrator.
8. How did Dwayne respond to what Bunny said at ten years-old?
(a) He sent him to live with relatives.
(b) He grounded him.
(c) He sent him to military school.
(d) He sent him to a psychiatrist.
9. What does The Narrator note about Eliot after he has arrived in Midland City?
(a) He wishes he had not written Eliot into the novel.
(b) He is featured in another of The Narrator's novels.
(c) He stole the idea of Eliot's character from another novel.
(d) He is going to delete Eliot's character from the novel.
10. What does The Narrator state is the surprising spiritual climax of the novel?
(a) Beatrice's comment about Midland City not having notable events.
(b) Rabo's speech defending his painting.
(c) The scene The Narrator has created.
(d) What Bonnie says when she serves a martini.
11. What happens to Bunny while he is playing piano?
(a) He thinks about other songs to play.
(b) He goes into a trance.
(c) He gets into a good mood.
(d) He becomes giddy.
12. What did Kyle and Lyle use to get rid of the bubbles in the cave?
(a) Industrial soap.
(b) A jack hammer.
(d) Their shotguns.
13. Who does Kilgore realize is watching him in the hotel lounge?
(d) The Narrator.
14. In chapter 21, who surrounds Rabo at the piano in the hotel lounge?
(b) A string quartet.
(d) His family and friends.
15. What does Harry infer about Dwayne's ignoring him at the car dealership?
(a) That the company is in trouble.
(b) That Dwayne knows Harry is a transvestite.
(c) That Dwayne thinks Harry is unfaithful to his wife.
(d) That Dwayne is going to fire him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first victim of Dwayne's psychotic, violent rampage?
2. What does Kilgore see that caused the traffic jam he was stuck in?
3. Who does Dwayne beat when he reaches the car dealership?
4. What is Wayne instructed to do once he comes inside the hotel and eats a steak?
5. Who tries to intervene in Dwayne's beating and also gets a finger bitten off?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)