|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first victim of Dwayne's psychotic, violent rampage?
(c) The Narrator.
2. What does Bonnie MacMahon, a waitress, say whenever she serves a patron a martini?
(a) "Goodbye blue Monday!"
(b) "Happy hour!"
(c) "Breakfast of champions!"
(d) "Now it can be told!"
3. What does Kilgore notice about what he is wading through?
(a) It is also flowing to the Sacred Miracle Cave.
(b) It is coming from his house.
(c) It coming from an all natural spring.
(d) It is the result of the Midland City power plant.
4. What does Harry infer about Dwayne's ignoring him at the car dealership?
(a) That Dwayne thinks Harry is unfaithful to his wife.
(b) That Dwayne is going to fire him.
(c) That the company is in trouble.
(d) That Dwayne knows Harry is a transvestite.
5. What has Rabo just sold to Midland City?
(a) His portfolio of drawings.
(b) A new space for an exhibition.
(c) An over-priced painting.
(d) His art gallery.
6. What did Rabo tell the people surrounding him at the piano to make them adore him?
(a) A story about his first audition.
(b) That he is self-taught.
(c) An explanation of his art.
(d) How much he practices.
7. Who founded the coal mining in the place Kilgore drives through?
(a) Kilgore's great uncle.
(b) Dwayne's grandfather.
(c) Eliot's ancestors.
(d) Fred Barry's family.
8. What does The Narrator convince Kilgore of when he meets him face to face?
(a) That he will die soon.
(b) That he is a fictional character.
(c) That he is not a good writer.
(d) That he is a freethinker.
9. Who is wearing mirrored sunglasses in the hotel lounge?
(b) The Narrator.
10. Who tries to intervene in Dwayne's beating and also gets a finger bitten off?
(b) The Narrator.
11. How does The Narrator celebrate his birthday at the end of the novel?
(a) By freeing all of his characters.
(b) By burning the novel.
(c) By writing a new novel.
(d) By celebrating with the characters.
12. What did Kyle and Lyle use to get rid of the bubbles in the cave?
(b) Their shotguns.
(c) Industrial soap.
(d) A jack hammer.
13. What does Francine do with her day after Dwayne leaves the motel?
(a) Looks for Dwayne.
(b) Catches up on work.
(c) Leaves work early.
(d) Quits her job.
14. What does Dwayne think about himself after reading Kilgore's book?
(a) Only he can talk to the creator of the universe.
(b) He is destined for greatness.
(c) It was written specifically to him.
(d) He has been chosen by a higher power.
15. What disorder does Dwayne develop as he teeters on the edge of sanity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kilgore decide after the driver tells him about the bad novel he has read?
2. What do the driver and Kilgore talk about as they travel through the mining town?
3. Who does Kilgore realize is watching him in the hotel lounge?
4. What does Kilgore discover as the driver describes the bad novel?
5. Who is the 17-year-old waitress that serves Dwayne his hamburger?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)