|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bonnie MacMahon, a waitress, say whenever she serves a patron a martini?
(a) "Breakfast of champions!"
(b) "Now it can be told!"
(c) "Happy hour!"
(d) "Goodbye blue Monday!"
2. When Dwayne has difficulty hitting the person he finds in the hotel parking lot after his rampage, what does he do instead?
(a) Runs back inside of the hotel.
(b) Lectures on race relations and slavery.
(c) Asks the person for a ride home.
(d) Throws pieces of trash at the person.
3. What is Kilgore devastated about after being recognized at the hotel?
(a) He does not want to be a writer anymore.
(b) He is recognized for the wrong thing.
(c) He is not anonymous.
(d) No one else has recognized him.
4. What does the literature Kilgore is reading say about the reader's behavior?
(a) It can mystify the creator of the universe.
(b) It is irrational and illogical.
(c) It is slowly chipping away at the human race.
(d) It is exactly what the creator of the universe wants.
5. What does Dwayne do when he gets back to the car dealership?
(a) He calls the waitress.
(b) He talks to Harry.
(c) He looks at pornography.
(d) He tries to find a cure for his disorder.
6. What do Harry and his wife, Grace, decide to do after he arrives home from work?
(a) Liquidate their stocks and move to Maui.
(b) Convince Dwayne to make Harry the manager.
(c) Divorce and go their separate ways.
(d) Take money from Dwayne and run away.
7. Who is the 17-year-old waitress that serves Dwayne his hamburger?
(a) Francine Pefko.
(b) His niece.
(c) Phoebe Hurty.
(d) Patty Keene.
8. What has Rabo just sold to Midland City?
(a) His portfolio of drawings.
(b) A new space for an exhibition.
(c) His art gallery.
(d) An over-priced painting.
9. What happens to Dwayne as he remains in the hotel lounge and more central characters arrive?
(a) He sinks deeper into confusion.
(b) He has an outburst.
(c) He picks a fight with Kilgore.
(d) He starts to cry.
10. What does Kilgore do when he leaves the hospital?
(a) Tries to contact Eliot.
(b) Tries to find Dwayne.
(c) Looks for the arts festival.
(d) Fills out a report for the police.
11. How did Dwayne respond to what Bunny said at ten years-old?
(a) He sent him to a psychiatrist.
(b) He sent him to live with relatives.
(c) He sent him to military school.
(d) He grounded him.
12. What error does The Narrator note about Kilgore that he should change, but will not because it would be too complicated?
(a) Bunny playing the piano.
(b) The trip and its timeline.
(c) Celia's suicide.
(d) Francine's character.
13. Who sits in the hotel lounge with Dwayne and Bunny, after Dwayne arrives and has a martini?
(d) The Narrator.
14. Who does Dwayne find in the parking lot when he leaves the hotel after his rampage?
(a) The Narrator.
(d) The cook.
15. What happens to Dwayne once the police arrive at the scene of the beating?
(a) He is injected with a serum.
(b) He is beaten by the police.
(c) He is strapped down.
(d) He is knocked unconscious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kilgore wade through at the beginning of Chapter 20?
2. What does The Narrator say about his own mother and Bunny's mother, Celia?
3. Where does Kilgore walk to after leaving the car and wading through the water?
4. What does Dwayne do in the lobby after assaulting Bunny and before going outside?
5. What does The Narrator decide to do about the novel at the beginning of Chapter 22?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)