|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kilgore wake up after walking the street in Chapter 8?
(a) Central Park.
(b) An alleyway.
(c) A hotel.
(d) The pornography theatre.
2. Why does Wayne Hoobler accost Dwayne at the car dealership?
(a) Dwayne will not give him a job.
(b) Dwayne used racial slurs in his presence.
(c) Dwayne threw the first punch.
(d) Dwayne had double crossed him in the past.
3. Who recommended Kilgore for the event he is asked to attend in Chapter 3?
(a) Eliot Rosewater.
(b) Fred T. Barry.
(c) Dwayne Hoover.
(d) Philboyd Studge.
4. What does Kilgore do after being released from the NYC police station?
(a) Sees an old friend and goes for a drive.
(b) Catches a cab.
(c) Catches a ride on a commercial truck.
(d) Rides the subway.
5. What did the element that Celia ingested do to her?
(a) Dissolved her insides.
(b) Caused vomiting.
(c) Halted her appetite.
(d) Dehydrated her.
6. Who is Dwayne's number one salesman?
(a) Eliot Rosewater.
(b) Kilgore Trout.
(c) Philboyd Studge.
(d) Harry LeSabre.
7. How does Kilgore make his living?
(a) Installs aluminum window frames.
(b) Literature professor.
(c) Finance consultant.
(d) Cleans pools.
8. What does Kilgore imagine about himself after reading what was written on the bathroom wall?
(a) He is the only truly enlightened person.
(b) He has been chosen by a higher power.
(c) He is destined for greatness.
(d) He is experiencing important things.
9. What does Kilgore attempt to do after reading what was written on the bathroom wall?
(a) Beam his thoughts to the creator.
(b) Start a seminar on science fiction.
(c) Create a new language.
(d) Contact alien life forms.
10. What kind of dog does Dwayne have?
(b) Golden retriever.
11. What does Kilgore think about Americans?
(a) They are gracious.
(b) They are ignorant.
(c) They are greedy.
(d) They are superior.
12. Who commits suicide at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Kilgore's wife.
(b) Phoebe Hurty.
(c) Dwayne's wife.
(d) Fred T. Barry.
13. Who stops Kilgore as he is walking from the pornographic theater?
(a) A prostitute.
(b) A taxi driver,
(c) A tourist.
(d) A police officer.
14. Where is the event Kilgore is asked to visit in Midland City?
(a) Mildred Barry Memorial Center for the Arts.
(b) Mildred Barry Elementary School.
(c) Mildred Barry Exhibition Center.
(d) Mildred Barry University.
15. What does the writing on the bathroom wall say?
(a) It is Kilgore's name and address.
(b) It says something mean about someone Kilgore doesn't know.
(c) It asks about the meaning of life.
(d) It predicts what happens in the future.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dwayne demand from Kilgore when he first meets him?
2. What happens to Dwayne when he leaves the hotel?
3. What kind of pet does Kilgore have?
4. What is Kilgore invited to do at the event in Midland City?
5. Who does Dwayne believe the insight he gains from reading Kilgore's novel is from?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)