|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who also checks into the hotel along with Cyprian?
2. What does Kilgore's novel tell the story of?
(a) Society of space monkeys.
(b) Society of talking animals.
(c) Society of people aging backwards.
(d) Society of living automobiles.
3. What is going on at the car dealership the day Wayne accosts Dwayne?
(a) Casual Friday.
(b) Seize the Day promotion.
(c) Hawaiian Days promotion.
(d) An employee's birthday.
4. Where was Kilgore's novel published?
(a) In a children's book.
(b) In a comic book.
(c) In a book of pornography.
(d) In a women's magazine.
5. How many times does Kilgore tell the driver he has been married?
(a) Two times.
(c) Four times.
(d) Three times.
6. Which family member does Dwayne think about in Chapter 6?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His son.
(c) His father.
(d) His wife.
7. Where do Kilgore and the driver arrive at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New York.
(d) Midland City.
8. How does Kilgore make his living?
(a) Cleans pools.
(b) Installs aluminum window frames.
(c) Literature professor.
(d) Finance consultant.
9. What does Kilgore muse about after arriving in the city in Chapter 12?
(a) Where he should send his latest story.
(b) If he is meant to be where he is that day for a reason.
(c) How the world is how it should be.
(d) How he wonders if he lives in an alternate reality.
10. Who recommended Kilgore for the event he is asked to attend in Chapter 3?
(a) Eliot Rosewater.
(b) Fred T. Barry.
(c) Dwayne Hoover.
(d) Philboyd Studge.
11. What did Dwayne's biological parents do to him when he was a child?
(a) Abandoned him.
(b) Took him out of school.
(c) Verbally abused him.
(d) Physically abused him.
12. What is Cyprian's vocation?
(c) Cancer researcher.
13. What ethnicity is Cyprian Ukwende?
(b) South African.
14. What kind of pet does Kilgore have?
15. What does Kilgore do for the rest of the drive after he and the driver leave the diner?
(a) Reads signs on trucks.
(b) Counts the number of red cars.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Reads a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kilgore go to spend the night, because it is cheaper than a hotel?
2. What is the name of Dwayne's dog?
3. What does Kilgore imagine about himself after reading what was written on the bathroom wall?
4. What is Dwayne's relationship status?
5. Why does Kilgore believe the fan letter was written by a child?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)