|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dwayne believe about everyone else after reading Kilgore's novel?
(a) They do not really exist.
(b) They are robots.
(c) They are sheep.
(d) They are inferior to him.
2. What is going on at the car dealership the day Wayne accosts Dwayne?
(a) Hawaiian Days promotion.
(b) Seize the Day promotion.
(c) An employee's birthday.
(d) Casual Friday.
3. What does Dwayne Hoover do for a living?
(c) Car salesman.
(d) Store clerk.
4. What happens to Dwayne when he leaves the hotel?
(a) He resumes his unstable behavior.
(b) He provokes someone to fight with him.
(c) He gets hit by a car.
(d) He feels normal and continues on with his day.
5. Why does Kilgore believe the fan letter was written by a child?
(a) He knows who the child is.
(b) The spelling and grammar is poor.
(c) He cannot read the handwriting.
(d) There are stickers on the letter.
6. Who sits near Dwayne during breakfast?
7. What does Dwayne do following his reading of Kilgore's novel?
(a) Visits estranged friends and family.
(b) Burns the book.
(c) Goes on a violent rampage.
(d) Flees from Midland City.
8. Where do Kilgore and the driver arrive at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New York.
(c) Midland City.
9. What does Kilgore learn in school about the discovery of America?
(a) It was established by weaponery and slavery.
(b) It was established by missionaries.
(c) It was discovered earlier than 1492.
(d) It was established through fair trade.
10. Instead of shooting himself, what does Dwayne do in an effort to end his life?
(a) Crashes his car.
(b) Swallows pills.
(c) Picked a fight with someone.
(d) Hangs himself.
11. What does the writing on the bathroom wall say?
(a) It is Kilgore's name and address.
(b) It predicts what happens in the future.
(c) It says something mean about someone Kilgore doesn't know.
(d) It asks about the meaning of life.
12. Who stops Kilgore as he is walking from the pornographic theater?
(a) A taxi driver,
(b) A tourist.
(c) A police officer.
(d) A prostitute.
13. What does The Narrator foreshadow Kilgore convincing Dwayne about?
(a) Dwayne is destined for more important things.
(b) Dwayne is the only thinking person on the planet.
(c) Dwayne's ancestors once rules the planet.
(d) Dwayne is not of this planet.
14. What is Dwayne's relationship status?
15. What does Dwayne demand from Kilgore when he first meets him?
(a) A handshake.
(b) A message.
(c) A sum of money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What social status is Kilgore categorized as?
2. What does Kilgore discover when he wakes up after walking the streets Chapter 8?
3. Who owns part of the Holiday Inn?
4. What kind of pet does Kilgore have?
5. How many times does Kilgore tell the driver he has been married?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)