|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the day on which Kilgore and the driver arrive at the city in Chapter 12?
(a) Day after Memorial Day.
(b) Day after Veteran's Day.
(c) Day after Labor Day.
(d) Day before Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
2. What does Bonnie MacMahon, a waitress, say whenever she serves a patron a martini?
(a) "Goodbye blue Monday!"
(b) "Happy hour!"
(c) "Now it can be told!"
(d) "Breakfast of champions!"
3. Which family member does Dwayne think about in Chapter 6?
(a) His father.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His grandmother.
4. What is Wayne instructed to do once he comes inside the hotel and eats a steak?
(a) To help wash the dishes.
(b) To look through a peephole.
(c) To leave once he is done eating.
(d) To fill out a server application.
5. Who is Beatrice Keedlser?
(a) A novelist.
(b) A painter.
(c) A museum curator.
(d) A writer of children's books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Narrator state is the surprising spiritual climax of the novel?
2. Who invites Wayne into the hotel after noticing that he is loitering?
3. How did Dwayne's wife die?
4. What does Kilgore tell the driver about his now-adult son?
5. What is causing Dwayne's continual mental instability?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)