|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which family member does Dwayne think about in Chapter 6?
(a) His grandmother.
(b) His wife.
(c) His father.
(d) His son.
2. Why does Dwayne think about a particular family member in Chapter 6?
(a) He misses the person.
(b) The person is dead.
(c) The person left him.
(d) He is angry with that person.
3. Why is Dwayne's wife dead?
(a) She was murdered.
(b) It was an accident.
(c) She killed herself.
(d) Dwayne killed her.
4. What does Kilgore muse about after arriving in the city in Chapter 12?
(a) If he is meant to be where he is that day for a reason.
(b) How the world is how it should be.
(c) How he wonders if he lives in an alternate reality.
(d) Where he should send his latest story.
5. What does The Narrator state is the surprising spiritual climax of the novel?
(a) Beatrice's comment about Midland City not having notable events.
(b) Rabo's speech defending his painting.
(c) What Bonnie says when she serves a martini.
(d) The scene The Narrator has created.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wayne instructed to do once he comes inside the hotel and eats a steak?
2. What has Rabo just sold to Midland City?
3. What is causing Dwayne's continual mental instability?
4. What does Bonnie MacMahon, a waitress, say whenever she serves a patron a martini?
5. Who invites Wayne into the hotel after noticing that he is loitering?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)