• Introduction of Kilgore Trout, an unknown science fiction writer who is asked to be the keynote speaker at the Midland City arts festival.
• Introduction of Dwayne Hoover, a wealthy business man in Midland City who is teetering on the edge of sanity.
• After meeting Kilgore in a fateful encounter, Dwayne speed reads Kilgore's novel and gains insight on the universe, sending him off on a violent rampage.
• The Narrator is introduced and notes being influenced by Phoebe Hurty in his youth.
• In his childhood, The Narrator was disturbed by disease which later sculpted his views on humanity being robotic.
• Breakfast of Champions is The Narrator's 50th birthday present to himself, although he thinks it is a poor work and written by someone named Philboyd Studge.
• Kilgore lives in Cohoes, NY during 1972, makes a living installing aluminum window frames and is poor.
• His work is published as...
This section contains 2,067 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)