|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holly liken the "mean reds" to?
2. What does Holly's husband do for a living?
3. What information does Holly ask the narrator to obtain from The Times?
4. What bad news does Holly hear that causes her to go into a rampage?
5. Why do the narrator and Holly begin to see less of each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Holly and Jose go while Rusty and Mag are in the hospital, and how do the patients react?
2. Who does the narrator call to get bail for Holly?
3. What does Holly tell the narrator as they head out for the park?
4. How does Holly's life begin to change after the death of her brother?
5. How do Doc and Holly meet?
6. Why does the narrator wish to see the reunion between Doc and Holly?
7. What reasons does Jose give for not marrying Holly?
8. Where does the narrator find the cat?
9. What does Holly do before reading the letter from Jose?
10. How does Holly react to seeing Doc instead of Fred?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of the novel "Breakfast at Tiffany's." What genre is the story, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What is your opinion of the novella? What is your opinion of Holly Golightly? What makes this story different from others you have read?
Essay Topic 3
Truman Capote, the author of "Breakfast at Tiffany's" is a successful and respected writer, partly due to the novella "Breakfast at Tiffany's". Discuss how this story fits in with Capote's other works, as well as whether or not Capote's public persona played a part in the success of the novella.
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)