|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Holly, who is a King Kong-type rat?
2. Where does the narrator find Holly's cat?
3. Where has Holly been since the arrest?
4. Who sends bail money for Holly?
5. What is the name of Holly's horse?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Holly and the narrator go horseback riding in the park?
2. Who moves into Holly's old apartment?
3. Describe Doc Golightly.
4. How has the narrator's and Holly's relationship matured?
5. Why is the narrator suffering from the "mean reds" during his ride on the subway?
6. How does the narrator feel about Holly's relationship with Jose?
7. What happens to Rusty and Mag during the Key West trip?
8. Where do Holly and Jose go while Rusty and Mag are in the hospital, and how do the patients react?
9. Why does Holly go to the library?
10. What does the narrator give Holly for Christmas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Holly's power over men. How does she wield her power over the male characters in the novel? What does Holly want from these men, and what do they want from her?
Essay Topic 2
What is your opinion of the novella? What is your opinion of Holly Golightly? What makes this story different from others you have read?
Essay Topic 3
Truman Capote, the author of "Breakfast at Tiffany's" is a successful and respected writer, partly due to the novella "Breakfast at Tiffany's". Discuss how this story fits in with Capote's other works, as well as whether or not Capote's public persona played a part in the success of the novella.
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)