|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man who follows the narrator pull out of his wallet?
2. Where does the narrator find Holly's cat?
3. What does Holly give O.J. Berman in March?
4. What bad news does Holly hear that causes her to go into a rampage?
5. What does Doc think up until the last minute before he leaves New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator wish to see the reunion between Doc and Holly?
2. What happens to Rusty and Mag during the Key West trip?
3. What happens while Holly and the narrator go horseback riding in the park?
4. Where does the narrator find the cat?
5. Why is Holly still going to Brazil?
6. How does Holly react to seeing Doc instead of Fred?
7. Why is the narrator suffering from the "mean reds" during his ride on the subway?
8. How does the narrator feel about Holly's relationship with Jose?
9. How has the narrator's and Holly's relationship matured?
10. What reasons does Jose give for not marrying Holly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of Christmas in the novella "Breakfast at Tiffany's". What important events occur on or around Christmas? Why would Capote choose to have these events fall on Christmas?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the climax of the novel. What is a climax in a story, and what can be considered the climax of "Breakfast at Tiffany's"? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Truman Capote, the author of "Breakfast at Tiffany's" is a successful and respected writer, partly due to the novella "Breakfast at Tiffany's". Discuss how this story fits in with Capote's other works, as well as whether or not Capote's public persona played a part in the success of the novella.
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)