|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year is it in the story?
2. What do Holly and the narrator come across on Fifth Avenue?
3. What food does Holly survive on based on her trash can contents?
4. What place do Holly and the narrator avoid after lunch at the cafeteria?
5. How old is Holly when the narrator first sees her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Holly do on Thursdays?
2. Describe Holly's apartment.
3. Describe Sid Arbuck.
4. How do Holly and the narrator celebrate his good news?
5. What does the narrator gather about Holly, based on her garbage?
6. Describe O.J. Berman.
7. What is the story about that Joe tells the narrator?
8. How does Holly describe her childhood to the narrator?
9. What wakes up the narrator after he has been living at the brownstone?
10. Describe Holly's bedroom.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the genre of the novel "Breakfast at Tiffany's." What genre is the story, and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of symbolism in the novella "Breakfast at Tiffany's". What do the following symbolize:
a) The cat.
b) The bird cage.
c) The masks and glasses.
d) The statue.
e) The St. Christopher's medal.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the title of the novella "Breakfast at Tiffany's". What is the meaning of the title, and is it appropriate?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)