|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Holly when the narrator first sees her?
2. From which musical does Holly enjoy singing songs from the most?
3. What is the name of the man Holly visits on Thursdays?
4. How does the narrator describe Holly's hair?
5. How old does the narrator guess Holly is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Holly do to O.J.Berman in the past to make him angry?
2. What does the narrator gather about Holly, based on her garbage?
3. Where does the narrator see Holly when he is out, and what is she doing?
4. What wakes up the narrator after he has been living at the brownstone?
5. Describe Joe's bar.
6. What curious object does the narrator find at the mailbox?
7. What are the "mean reds" according to Holly?
8. What good news does the narrator receive while collecting his mail?
9. Why is Mag hesitant to marry Jose?
10. What is the story about that Joe tells the narrator?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the shop, Tiffany's. Why is it important to Holly?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of the novel "Breakfast at Tiffany's." What genre is the story, and why?
Essay Topic 3
The narrator not only tells the reader the story, but he is also right in the middle of the action. Through his voice, and through the shared opinions of those around him, the reader is able to form an opinion of the narrator. What sort of person is he? What are his defining characteristics? What struggles does he face throughout the narrative and how does he overcome them?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)