|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Holly wearing when the narrator first sees her?
2. What apartment number does Holly live at?
3. What is the name of the man who accompanies Holly home as the narrator looks on?
4. How much change did this man give to Holly for the powder-room?
5. What does the narrator admire in an antique store's window?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator react to the story?
2. Describe Joe's bar.
3. Where does the narrator see Holly when he is out, and what is she doing?
4. What wakes up the narrator after he has been living at the brownstone?
5. What curious object does the narrator find at the mailbox?
6. What is the story about that Joe tells the narrator?
7. Why is Mr. Yunioshi angry at Holly, and how does she calm him down?
8. How does Holly describe her childhood to the narrator?
9. Describe Holly Golightly based on the narrator's description.
10. Describe Sid Arbuck.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motif of Christmas in the novella "Breakfast at Tiffany's". What important events occur on or around Christmas? Why would Capote choose to have these events fall on Christmas?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of symbolism in the novella "Breakfast at Tiffany's". What do the following symbolize:
a) The cat.
b) The bird cage.
c) The masks and glasses.
d) The statue.
e) The St. Christopher's medal.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the title of the novella "Breakfast at Tiffany's". What is the meaning of the title, and is it appropriate?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)