|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Holly do with the cat before she leaves?
(a) Holly takes the cat to a shelter.
(b) Holly sets the cat free in an alley.
(c) Holly gives the cat to Joe Bell.
(d) Holly gives the cat to the narrator.
2. Where is the narrator returning from when he hears the news of Rusty's fourth marriage?
(a) From a book launch.
(b) From a job interview.
(c) From a funeral.
(d) From a wedding.
3. How many children does Holly want?
4. What happens to Mag in Key West?
(a) Mag is bitten by a colony of red ants.
(b) Mag gets a first-degree sunburn.
(c) Mag is proposed to.
(d) Mag is offered a lucrative modeling job.
5. Who accompanies Jose into Holly's apartment?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A friend.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Holly, how many lovers has she had?
2. What does Holly have to do before reading the letter from Jose?
3. What does the new tenant have in common with Holly?
4. Who from her past does Holly think has come to visit her?
5. What is the narrator asked to give to Holly by the person in Holly's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Doc Golightly.
2. Who does the narrator call to get bail for Holly?
3. What does Holly do before reading the letter from Jose?
4. What does Holly give the narrator for Christmas, and what significance does it have?
5. Why is the narrator suffering from the "mean reds" during his ride on the subway?
6. Why do Holly and the narrator have a fight that results in Holly kicking the narrator out of her apartment?
7. How does Holly react to seeing Doc instead of Fred?
8. What news does the narrator learn on the subway and how does he react?
9. What scandal breaks out that involves Holly?
10. What commotion does the narrator come home to after his job interview in Brooklyn?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)