|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the man he sees examining Holly's mailbox?
(a) A person in his early thirties with a limp.
(b) A person in his early fifties with a hard, weathered face.
(c) A person in his late fifties with slick hair and a proud stance.
(d) A person in his forties with tan skin and wearing a cheap suit.
2. How does Jose get into Holly's apartment?
(a) With a key.
(b) Holly opens the door.
(c) By unscrewing the hinges of the door.
(d) Jose climbs through the window.
3. What is the name of the hamburger joint where the narrator goes?
(a) Burger Hut.
(b) Hamburger Heaven.
(c) Ham Spot.
(d) Hamburgers 'R' Us.
4. According to Holly's husband, what causes Holly to leave?
(a) "Reading dreams".
(b) "A desire for a challenge".
(c) "A confused soul".
5. What is the name of the tenant who takes over Holly's apartment?
(a) Beatrice Smith.
(b) Quaintance Smith.
(c) Constance Smith.
(d) Horace Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Holly, who is a King Kong-type rat?
2. What is the name of Holly's husband?
3. Where has Holly been since the arrest?
4. What does Holly's husband comment on when he first sees Holly?
5. How does Holly know that someone from her past has come to see her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Holly still going to Brazil?
2. How has the narrator's and Holly's relationship matured?
3. Who does the narrator find in Holly's apartment, and why is he there?
4. What commotion does the narrator come home to after his job interview in Brooklyn?
5. Where does the narrator find the cat?
6. How does Holly react to seeing Doc instead of Fred?
7. What does Holly do before reading the letter from Jose?
8. How is Holly arrested?
9. Who moves into Holly's old apartment?
10. What reasons does Jose give for not marrying Holly?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)