|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What awakens the narrator on the night he first sees Holly Golightly?
(a) Holly Golightly knocking on the narrator's door.
(b) A nightmare about New York.
(c) Holly Golightly shouting at Mr. Yunioshi.
(d) Mr. Yunioshi calling down the stairs.
2. What form of art did Mr. Yunioshi become intrigued by on his trip?
(a) Wood carving.
(c) Oil painting.
(d) Iron work.
3. What song are the Australian army officers singing?
(a) "God Save the Queen."
(b) "Waltzing Matilda."
(c) "Advance Australia Fair."
(d) "Song of Australia."
4. What does Holly's calling card say?
(a) Miss Holiday Golightly, Sleeping.
(b) Miss Holiday Golightly, Traveling.
(c) Miss Holiday Golighty, Working.
(d) Miss Holiday Golightly, Dancing.
5. How old is Joe Bell?
(a) Almost sixty-seven.
(b) Around sixty-five.
(c) Just turned sixty-one.
(d) Close to seventy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator like Holly's apartment?
2. According to the narrator, which professions would Holly not have time for?
3. According to Joe Bell, why does he not have an easy nature?
4. According to the narrator, how does Holly always look?
5. What does Holly think of Mag becoming her roommate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mag hesitant to marry Jose?
2. What does the narrator gather about Holly, based on her garbage?
3. Describe O.J. Berman.
4. How does the narrator react to the story?
5. Describe Holly Golightly based on the narrator's description.
6. How does Joe feel about Holly?
7. What wakes up the narrator after he has been living at the brownstone?
8. Why is Mr. Arbuck angry at Holly when he takes her home?
9. How does Holly feel about having Mag as a roommate?
10. Based on this first section, how might Holly Golightly have gotten her name?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)