|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator admire in an antique store's window?
(a) A small figurine.
(b) A room divider.
(c) A bird cage.
(d) A vase.
2. What is in the manila envelope that Joe gives to the narrator?
(a) Three photographs.
(b) Top secret documents.
(c) A newspaper clipping.
(d) A letter.
3. What song are the Australian army officers singing?
(a) "Advance Australia Fair."
(b) "Song of Australia."
(c) "God Save the Queen."
(d) "Waltzing Matilda."
4. What is Holly wearing when the narrator first sees her?
(a) A black dress, black sandals and a pearl choker.
(b) A lavender cashmere sweater set and black capri pants.
(c) A silver gown with matching droplet earrings.
(d) A red shift dress with emerald pumps and a black scarf.
5. How long has the narrator been living at the brownstone before he notices Holly's calling card?
(a) About a week.
(b) A couple of days.
(c) Almost a month.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Holly call Fred while talking to Mag?
2. What about the narrator does Holly want to know more about?
3. How does the narrator describe Holly's cat?
4. Where does Holly have to go on Thursdays?
5. What is the name of the drink that Joe mixes for the narrator at his bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on this first section, how might Holly Golightly have gotten her name?
2. How does Holly feel about having Mag as a roommate?
3. Why does Holly climb through the narrator's window?
4. Why does Holly call the narrator a snoop?
5. What are the "mean reds" according to Holly?
6. Where does the narrator see Holly when he is out, and what is she doing?
7. Why is Mag hesitant to marry Jose?
8. How does Holly describe her childhood to the narrator?
9. What is the story about that Joe tells the narrator?
10. Describe Holly's apartment.
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)