|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news of the Trawlers does the narrator wish to tell Holly?
(a) The Trawlers are divorcing.
(b) Mag cheated on Rusty.
(c) The Trawlers have a child.
(d) Rusty cheated on Mag.
2. Who yells at Holly and her husband when they meet again for the first time?
(a) Madame Sapphia Spanella.
(b) The narrator.
(c) Mag Wildwood.
(d) Rusty Trawler.
3. What is O'Shaughnessy known as in criminal circles?
(b) "The Fist."
4. How many children does Holly want?
5. What is the petition that Madame Spanella circulates fighting for?
(a) No music past 11:00pm.
(b) New locks on the front door.
(c) To put in place a curfew.
(d) The eviction of Holly Golightly.
6. Who does the narrator see run into a library?
7. Who is NOT part of Holly's social quartet?
(a) Rusty Trawler.
(b) Mag Wildwood.
(c) The narrator.
(d) Jose Ybarra- Jaegar.
8. Why does the narrator not feel superior to Holly?
(a) They are completely different in every way.
(b) The narrator feels self-conscious around Holly.
(c) The narrator thinks Holly is beautiful.
(d) They want different things.
9. What information does Holly ask the narrator to obtain from The Times?
(a) Who the fifty richest men in Mexico are.
(b) Who the fifty richest men in Brazil are.
(c) Who the fifty richest men in Europe are.
(d) Who the fifty richest men in Texas are.
10. How does Holly describe Jose's penmanship?
(a) Unforgiving and stern.
(b) Neat and cold.
(c) Sloppy and eligible.
(d) Buttoned up and constipated.
11. How does Jose get into Holly's apartment?
(a) Holly opens the door.
(b) By unscrewing the hinges of the door.
(c) With a key.
(d) Jose climbs through the window.
12. Who accompanies Jose into Holly's apartment?
(a) A priest.
(b) A reporter.
(c) A friend.
(d) A doctor.
13. What is Mag positive of upon Holly and Jose's return to Key West?
(a) That Holly was in love with Jose.
(b) That Jose would return to Brazil soon.
(c) That Holly and Jose had slept together.
(d) That Jose was in love with Holly.
14. What does Holly liken the "mean reds" to?
(a) Getting lost in a crowd.
(b) A recurring nightmare.
(c) Trying on jewelry at Tiffany's that one can't afford.
(d) Stealing turkey eggs and running through a brier patch.
15. What does the narrator do with the bird cage after he fights with Holly?
(a) The narrator returns it to the store.
(b) The narrator throws it into a dumpster.
(c) The narrator leaves it in front of Holly's door.
(d) The narrator throws it from his window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Fred after Holly left home?
2. According to Holly's husband, what causes Holly to leave?
3. Where is Holly arrested?
4. Why do the narrator and Holly begin to see less of each other?
5. Why does the narrator try to break down Holly's door?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)