|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Holly arrested?
(a) On the street.
(b) While visiting Sally Tomato.
(c) In Holly's apartment.
(d) In the narrator's apartment.
2. What does Holly ask the narrator to pick up from her apartment to take with her?
(a) Her lucky penny.
(b) Her photographs.
(c) The St. Christopher medal.
(d) Her favorite pair of shoes.
3. What does Holly instruct the narrator to do after she is arrested?
(a) Don't tell Doc about her arrest.
(b) Feed the cat.
(c) Collect her mail.
(d) Send her apologies to Jose.
4. What is the name of the tenant who takes over Holly's apartment?
(a) Beatrice Smith.
(b) Horace Smith.
(c) Quaintance Smith.
(d) Constance Smith.
5. According to Joe Bell, how many years could Holly go to jail for?
(a) Two years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Five years.
6. What is the name of the hamburger joint where the narrator goes?
(a) Hamburger Heaven.
(b) Hamburgers 'R' Us.
(c) Burger Hut.
(d) Ham Spot.
7. What does Holly give O.J. Berman in March?
(a) Permission to line up auditions for her.
(b) Her key.
(c) The narrator`s number.
(d) The narrator's story.
8. What does the narrator do with the bird cage after he fights with Holly?
(a) The narrator leaves it in front of Holly's door.
(b) The narrator throws it from his window.
(c) The narrator throws it into a dumpster.
(d) The narrator returns it to the store.
9. How does Holly describe Sally Tomato to the newspaper?
(a) As a "sensitive and lonely old soul".
(b) As a "greasy and rude man".
(c) As a "darling old man".
(d) As a "liar and manipulator".
10. Who from her past does Holly think has come to visit her?
(b) Her child.
(d) Her sister.
11. How does the narrator describe Holly's appearance upon her return from Key West?
(a) Refreshed and sun-kissed.
(b) Blistered and rouge with haystack hair.
(c) Fried hair with white highlights.
(d) Iodine-colored skin and ghost-colored hair.
12. What movie brought Holly to tears?
(a) Wizard of Oz.
(b) Wuthering Heights.
(c) Gone with the Wind.
(d) Citizen Kane.
13. What does Holly liken the "mean reds" to?
(a) Getting lost in a crowd.
(b) A recurring nightmare.
(c) Trying on jewelry at Tiffany's that one can't afford.
(d) Stealing turkey eggs and running through a brier patch.
14. What happens to Rusty in Key West?
(a) Rusty gets into a fight and is seriously injured.
(b) Rusty comes down with a high fever.
(c) Rusty loses his balance and falls into the ocean.
(d) Rusty gets mugged.
15. What bad news does Holly hear that causes her to go into a rampage?
(a) Holly is dying.
(b) Rusty has remarried.
(c) Jose is moving back to Brazil without her.
(d) Fred has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator find in Holly's apartment when he goes to feed her cat?
2. Who does Rusty marry?
3. How does the narrator describe Jose?
4. How did Holly's parents die?
5. What does Holly have to do before reading the letter from Jose?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)