|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the petition that Madame Spanella circulates fighting for?
(a) No music past 11:00pm.
(b) The eviction of Holly Golightly.
(c) New locks on the front door.
(d) To put in place a curfew.
2. What does the narrator feel upon discovering who Rusty's bride is?
3. How does the narrator describe Mildred Grossman physically?
(a) Soft features and inviting scent.
(b) Moist, flat hair with greasy spectacles.
(c) Short, stout and slimy.
(d) A buxom blonde.
4. How does Holly describe Jose's penmanship?
(a) Buttoned up and constipated.
(b) Neat and cold.
(c) Unforgiving and stern.
(d) Sloppy and eligible.
5. What does Holly instruct the narrator to do after she is arrested?
(a) Collect her mail.
(b) Don't tell Doc about her arrest.
(c) Send her apologies to Jose.
(d) Feed the cat.
6. According to Holly, Jose is a citizen of where?
7. Where does Holly plan to go after being released on bail?
8. How does the narrator describe the man he sees examining Holly's mailbox?
(a) A person in his forties with tan skin and wearing a cheap suit.
(b) A person in his early fifties with a hard, weathered face.
(c) A person in his late fifties with slick hair and a proud stance.
(d) A person in his early thirties with a limp.
9. How does Holly know that someone from her past has come to see her?
(a) She receives a letter informing her of a visit.
(b) She overhears someone say that someone from the South had come to visit.
(c) She feels it in her gut.
(d) The narrator calls her by her real name.
10. Why does the narrator gag when he enters Holly's bedroom?
(a) From the horrible mess.
(b) From the smell of rotting food.
(c) From the strong smell of perfume.
(d) From the appearance of Holly.
11. Where is Holly arrested?
(a) On the street.
(b) While visiting Sally Tomato.
(c) In the narrator's apartment.
(d) In Holly's apartment.
12. What happens to Mag in Key West?
(a) Mag is bitten by a colony of red ants.
(b) Mag is offered a lucrative modeling job.
(c) Mag gets a first-degree sunburn.
(d) Mag is proposed to.
13. What is O'Shaughnessy known as in criminal circles?
(c) "The Fist."
14. What does Holly's husband do for a living?
(a) He is a horse doctor.
(b) He is a sheriff.
(c) He is a professor.
(d) He is a fisherman.
15. According to Holly, how many lovers has she had?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Holly's husband?
2. What is the name of Holly's horse?
3. Who accompanies Jose into Holly's apartment?
4. What does Holly give the narrator for Christmas?
5. How do the newspapers describe O'Shaughnessy?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)