|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Holly and the narrator do together in the park?
(a) They go horseback riding.
(b) They go for a carriage ride.
(c) They feed horses.
(d) They have a picnic.
2. What is O'Shaughnessy known as in criminal circles?
(a) "The Fist."
3. How old does Holly look to the narrator after the arrest?
4. What movie brought Holly to tears?
(a) Wuthering Heights.
(b) Gone with the Wind.
(c) Citizen Kane.
(d) Wizard of Oz.
5. How does the narrator describe Jose?
(a) Generous and courteous.
(b) Pompous and ever-inebriated.
(c) Intelligent and presentable.
(d) High-strung and impatient.
6. Why does the narrator gag when he enters Holly's bedroom?
(a) From the smell of rotting food.
(b) From the strong smell of perfume.
(c) From the horrible mess.
(d) From the appearance of Holly.
7. Where do Holly and Jose go after Key West?
8. How does Holly describe Jose's penmanship?
(a) Unforgiving and stern.
(b) Buttoned up and constipated.
(c) Neat and cold.
(d) Sloppy and eligible.
9. According to Holly, how many lovers has she had?
10. What does the man who follows the narrator pull out of his wallet?
(a) An address.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A letter.
(d) A photograph.
11. What is the narrator asked to give to Holly by the person in Holly's apartment?
(a) A photograph.
(b) Some cash.
(c) A plane ticket.
(d) A letter.
12. Who from her past does Holly think has come to visit her?
(b) Her child.
(d) Her sister.
13. Who does the narrator find in Holly's apartment when he goes to feed her cat?
(a) A childhood friend of Holly.
(c) Mae Wildwood.
(d) Jose's cousin.
14. According to Holly, who is a King Kong-type rat?
(d) The narrator.
15. How many children does Holly want?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Holly's husband, what causes Holly to leave?
2. What does the man who follows the narrator want?
3. How often does Jose go to Washington?
4. How does the narrator describe the man he sees examining Holly's mailbox?
5. What information does Holly ask the narrator to obtain from The Times?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)