|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After taking a look at Holly's room, what kind of problem does the narrator conclude she has?
(a) A space problem.
(b) A shopping problem.
(c) A cockroach problem.
(d) A laundry problem.
2. How old does a man have to be before Holly will get excited about him?
3. According to Holly, what are the mean reds?
4. What is the man who accompanies Holly home wearing?
(a) A tuxedo.
(b) A leisure suit.
(c) A uniform.
(d) A pin-striped suit.
5. What store do Holly and the narrator steal something from?
(a) Lord and Taylor.
6. What does Holly think of Mag becoming her roommate?
(a) It is convenient.
(b) It is almost fun.
(c) It is horrible.
(d) It is ironic.
7. Where does Holly have to go on Thursdays?
(a) To visit a relative.
(b) To a community center.
(c) Sing Sing.
(d) The casino.
8. What is the name of the rich man who wants to marry Holly?
(a) Sid Arbuck.
(b) Joe Bell.
(c) O.J. Berman.
(d) Rusty Trawler.
9. What does Holly leave outside the narrator's door on the day after she calls him a snoop?
(a) A letter.
(b) A gift basket.
(c) A bouquet.
(d) A calling card.
10. What can Mag not get used to the idea of?
(a) Rusty's interest in Holly.
(b) Marrying a Brazilian.
(c) Living with Holly.
11. What is the name of the movie that Holly was supposed to be in?
(a) "The Story of the Lost Rabbit."
(b) "The Story of my Life."
(c) "The Story of Drunken Harry."
(d) "The Story of Doctor Wassell".
12. How does the narrator describe Holly's voice?
(a) Silly, young and self-amused.
(b) Husky, raspy and mysterious.
(c) Piercing and memorable.
(d) Melodic and soothing.
13. Where is Holly's apartment in relation to the narrator's apartment?
(a) It is above his.
(b) It is beside his.
(c) It is below his.
(d) It is across the street.
14. How much change did this man give to Holly for the powder-room?
(a) Forty-five cents.
(b) Seventy-five cents.
(d) A dollar.
15. What country does Holly believe is a great place for raising horses?
(d) United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What song are the Australian army officers singing?
2. Whose number does Holly ask O.J. for?
3. What place do Holly and the narrator avoid after lunch at the cafeteria?
4. How long has the narrator been living at the brownstone before he notices Holly's calling card?
5. Where is the narrator always drawn back to?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)