|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator admire in an antique store's window?
(a) A room divider.
(b) A small figurine.
(c) A vase.
(d) A bird cage.
2. In the store, who is the sales lady busy with?
(a) A group of teenagers.
(b) A group of nuns.
(c) A group of soldiers.
(d) A group of young women.
3. What causes the narrator to become so excited as to pound on Holly's door?
(a) News that his story will be published.
(b) News of an approaching storm.
(c) News of a new job.
(d) News that Holly is getting married.
4. What does Holly's calling card say?
(a) Miss Holiday Golightly, Traveling.
(b) Miss Holiday Golightly, Dancing.
(c) Miss Holiday Golighty, Working.
(d) Miss Holiday Golightly, Sleeping.
5. What time does Holly ask the narrator over for drinks?
(a) 8:00 pm sharp.
(c) Anytime after 5:00.
6. How many pairs of argyles has Mag knitted in the last three months?
7. What is the name of the drink that Joe mixes for the narrator at his bar?
(a) White Orchid.
(b) White Snow.
(c) White Angel.
(d) White Licorice.
8. What about the narrator does Holly want to know more about?
(a) His taste in women.
(b) His childhood.
(c) His writing routine.
(d) His future plans.
9. Which is NOT on Joe Bell's list of fixations?
(a) Gilbert and Sullivan.
(c) Ice hockey.
(d) Holly Golightly.
10. What song are the Australian army officers singing?
(a) "Advance Australia Fair."
(b) "Song of Australia."
(c) "God Save the Queen."
(d) "Waltzing Matilda."
11. What is in the manila envelope that Joe gives to the narrator?
(a) Three photographs.
(b) A newspaper clipping.
(c) A letter.
(d) Top secret documents.
12. What or who does the narrator expect the first time he hears his bell in the middle of the night?
(a) A telegram with bad news.
(c) His friends.
(d) A police officer.
13. What awakens the narrator on the night he first sees Holly Golightly?
(a) Holly Golightly shouting at Mr. Yunioshi.
(b) Holly Golightly knocking on the narrator's door.
(c) Mr. Yunioshi calling down the stairs.
(d) A nightmare about New York.
14. From which musical does Holly enjoy singing songs from the most?
(a) Something for the Boys.
(c) Louisiana Purchase.
15. Where does the narrator's visiting relative take him for dinner?
(a) "The Chicken and Beef Hut".
(c) "Le Bistro".
(d) "By The Park".
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator always drawn back to?
2. How does Holly describe Mag?
3. What is Mr. Yunioshi's profession?
4. How does Holly get rid of the "mean reds"?
5. How old is Holly when the narrator first sees her?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)