|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Holly doing at the table at the restaurant where the narrator sees her?
(a) Reading a book.
(b) Combing her hair.
(d) Signing papers.
2. How old does the narrator guess Holly is?
(a) Around twenty-two to twenty-three.
(b) Anywhere between sixteen and thirty.
(c) Under Twenty.
3. Where is Holly's apartment in relation to the narrator's apartment?
(a) It is above his.
(b) It is below his.
(c) It is beside his.
(d) It is across the street.
4. What place do Holly and the narrator avoid after lunch at the cafeteria?
(a) The library.
(b) The beach.
(c) The zoo.
(d) Their apartments.
5. What does Holly leave outside the narrator's door on the day after she calls him a snoop?
(a) A bouquet.
(b) A letter.
(c) A calling card.
(d) A gift basket.
6. What does Holly wish to send Fred?
(b) Peanut butter.
(d) Melba toast.
7. What is O.J. Berman's occupation?
(b) Actor's agent.
8. What promise does Holly keep to Mr. Yunioshi?
(a) Not to ring his bell again.
(b) Her promise to model for him.
(c) Her promise to bring him his mail.
(d) Not to play her music loudly.
9. Who is Holly sitting with at the restaurant where the narrator sees her?
(a) An elderly woman.
(b) Four men.
(c) A man in his fifties.
(d) A young boy.
10. Of the narrator's previous neighbors, who is the only one still living in the brownstone?
(a) Holly Golightly.
(b) Madame Sapphia Spanella.
(d) Joe Bell.
11. What does Rusty suggest Holly do to get rid of the "mean reds"?
(d) Smoke marijuana.
12. What is the name of the man Holly visits on Thursdays?
(a) Sally Tomato.
(b) Tony Cucumber.
(c) Simon Squash.
(d) Bernie Pumpkin.
13. What about the narrator does Holly want to know more about?
(a) His childhood.
(b) His writing routine.
(c) His taste in women.
(d) His future plans.
14. What is the man who accompanies Holly home wearing?
(a) A pin-striped suit.
(b) A leisure suit.
(c) A tuxedo.
(d) A uniform.
15. According to the narrator, which professions would Holly not have time for?
(a) Modeling and Acting.
(b) Writing and Painting.
(c) Singing and Dancing.
(d) Teaching and Nursing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Holly's hair?
2. What can Mag not get used to the idea of?
3. What six-foot woman arrives at Holly's party unexpectedly?
4. What does the narrator tell Holly when he leaves a message in her mailbox?
5. How does the narrator describe Holly's voice?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)