|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Sara's college geometry teacher?
2. Who shows up and yells at Sara over her rejection of Max Goldstein?
3. How much does Sara spend each week on carfare to get to and from work?
(a) Eighty cents.
(b) Sixty cents.
(c) Fourty cents.
(d) Fifty cents.
4. How do the salespeople treat Sara when she buys clothing from them after graduating college and becoming a teacher?
(a) They treat her poorly.
(b) They treat her sweetly.
(c) They treat her with respect.
(d) They treat her with indifference.
5. Reb says that a woman can not get into Heaven without what?
(a) A job.
(b) A man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reb start wearing on a normal basis in Chapter 29?
2. Sara feels like who as she leaves New York to go to college?
3. Who does Reb marry in Chapter 29?
4. What business does Mr. Martin own?
5. Why do people shun Sara at the funeral in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the letter from Fania to Sara say in Chapter 14?
2. Why does Sara choose to move closer to Mr. Edman during her college years?
3. What do Sara's sisters think of Reb's problem with his new wife?
4. Why does Mrs. Feinstein contact Sara at work and ask her to stop by her and Reb's place?
5. Why does Sara see her graduation day from college as being bittersweet?
6. What does Max Goldstein look like?
7. Why is Shenah so weak when Sara sees her in Chapter 18?
8. How is Sara treated differently than the man behind her when she is getting beef stew at the cafeteria?
9. Why does Sara not fit in with the rest of the girls on her first day of college gym class?
10. Describe Mrs. Feinstein.
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)