|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Sara's college geometry teacher?
2. What are students required to wear to Sara's college's physical education course?
(b) Head bands.
(d) Sweat Pants.
3. Max Goldstein says he likes Sara because she is what?
4. What is a Pullman?
(a) A plane.
(b) A train.
(c) A car.
(d) A bus.
5. What do Sara and Mrs. Feinstein argue over in Chapter 20?
Short Answer Questions
1. Sara is afraid of becoming what?
2. Who is the first person Reb tells about his new marriage?
3. What type of build does Mrs. Feinstein have?
4. At what time does Sara insist on going home on the first night out with Max Goldstein?
5. What is the first piece of clothing Sara buys for herself after her move?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe who Mr. Edman is and what he does for a living.
2. Describe Sara's trip to the department store on Fifth Avenue.
3. How did Max Goldstein come into the business of running a department store?
4. What do Sara's sisters think of Reb's problem with his new wife?
5. Why do the girls at Sara's laundry job treat her cruelly?
6. Why is Shenah so weak when Sara sees her in Chapter 18?
7. Why does Sara burn a shirt while ironing in Chapter 11?
8. Describe the apartment Sara moves into after college.
9. How does Sara feel about her surroundings when she first goes to college?
10. What does the letter from Fania to Sara say in Chapter 14?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)