|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What business does Mr. Martin own?
(a) A car business.
(b) A clothing business.
(c) A laundry business.
(d) A catering business.
2. What street does Mr. Edman live on?
(a) Central Street.
(b) Bank Street.
(c) Mill Street.
(d) Viola Street.
3. What piece of gym equipment does Sara smash?
(a) A tennis racket.
(b) A hurdle.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A trampoline.
4. What clothing item does Sara buy to dress herself up with so that she can be like other girls her age?
(a) A felt hat.
(b) A pair of slippers.
(c) A pair of stockings.
(d) A lace collar.
5. Max Goldstein likes to talk about what to Sara?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Sara insist on going home on the first night out with Max Goldstein?
2. Where does Max Goldstein take Sara on their first night out?
3. Does Sara immediately like Max Goldstein when she meets him?
4. What does Reb start wearing on a normal basis in Chapter 29?
5. On what day does Max Goldstein show up at Sara's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Sara treated differently than the man behind her when she is getting beef stew at the cafeteria?
2. Why does Mrs. Feinstein contact Sara at work and ask her to stop by her and Reb's place?
3. Describe Sara's trip to the department store on Fifth Avenue.
4. Why does Sara burn a shirt while ironing in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Sara tell her mother that she can not come visit her in Chapter 11?
6. What does Sara refuse to do at her mother's funeral and why?
7. Why is Shenah so weak when Sara sees her in Chapter 18?
8. Why does Sara choose to go to the freshman class dance at college?
9. How does being around Max Goldstein change Sara?
10. How did Max Goldstein come into the business of running a department store?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)