|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Bessie?
(a) Sara's cousin.
(b) Sara's eldest sister.
(c) Sara's best friend.
(d) Sara's teacer.
2. How old is Sara in Chapter 8?
3. Why is Mashah poor despite being married to Moe?
(a) Because Moe has no job.
(b) Because she spends all of their money.
(c) Because she spends all of her money on children.
(d) Because Moe spends all of his money on clothing.
4. Who gives Sara money as she leaves home to go off on her own?
5. Why did the family leave most of their valuable tools behind when they moved to America?
(a) Because father wanted his books brought instead.
(b) Because mother wanted her preserves brought instead.
(c) Because Sara wanted to bring her stuffed animals instead.
(d) Because Fania wanted to bring extra clothes instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does Sara go to fetch once Bessie's visitor arrives?
2. Who does Berel Bernstein end up getting engaged to?
3. Who is Zalmon?
4. What is the first thing Reb sells in his newly purchased store?
5. How does Shenah react when she realizes that her husband has been swindled by buying the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Zalmon wish to remarry so soon after his wife's death?
2. How does Bessie react to the news that Berel Bernstein will not marry her?
3. Why is Reb so angry with Sara at the end of Chapter 8?
4. Why does Father say that the prayers of his daughters go unheard by God?
5. Why does Moe Mirsky continuously exchange Mashah's diamonds for different ones?
6. Why does Reb not like the grocery business?
7. What happens when Morris shows up to try to talk to Reb about his feelings for Fania?
8. How does Mashah's behavior change when she falls in love with her young man?
9. How does Reb react when he finds out how Morris Lipkin makes his living?
10. What does Sara's first apartment look like?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)