|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who disapproves most of Sara getting an education?
2. Who does Sara go to her freshman class dance with?
(a) No one.
3. How many points is the physical education class at Sara's college worth?
(a) Six points.
(b) Four points.
(c) Two points.
(d) Five points.
4. How much does Sara pay to get into the freshman class dance?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) Seventy cents.
(c) Twenty-five cents.
(d) One dollar.
5. How do the girls at Sara's work treat her after she wears make up to work for the first time?
(a) They tease her.
(b) They ignore her.
(c) They admire her.
(d) They act kindly toward her.
6. Who does Reb eat all of his meals with in Chapter 29?
(a) Morris Lipkin.
(b) Mrs. Feinstein.
7. How much money did Max get paid each week to act and sing in the theater on Grand Street?
(a) Thirty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Twenty-five dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
8. What food item does Shenah bring Sara when she visits her at her apartment?
(a) A can of beans.
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) A case of crackers.
(d) A jar of pickled herring.
9. On what day does Max Goldstein show up at Sara's apartment?
10. What type of build does Mrs. Feinstein have?
11. What is Sara's favorite subject in college?
12. Who is Mr. Edman?
(a) Sara's gym teacher.
(b) Sara's biology teacher.
(c) Sara's english teacher.
(d) Sara's psychology teacher.
13. What was Max Goldstein's first job after coming to America?
(a) Book seller.
(d) Snow shoveler.
14. What type of coat does Mrs. Feinstein want?
15. Reb says that a woman can not get into Heaven without what?
(a) A man.
(b) A job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shows up and yells at Sara over her rejection of Max Goldstein?
2. Where does Sara move to after she graduates from college?
3. Max Goldstein likes to talk about what to Sara?
4. How much does Sara spend each week on carfare to get to and from work?
5. How much does Sara get paid at the job she has during her college years?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)