|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Reb marry in Chapter 29?
(a) Mrs. Bloomburg.
(b) Ms. Jillian Snow.
(c) Mrs. Feinstein.
(d) Ms. Lilly Walker.
2. What piece of jewelry did Reb promise Mrs. Feinstein?
(a) A platinum ring.
(b) Gold charms.
(c) Diamond earrings.
(d) A silver necklace.
3. What is the name of the story Sara reads to Max Goldstein?
(a) The Castle by the Lake.
(b) The Pavilion on the Links.
(c) The Green Grass and Sky.
(d) The Beauty and the Grey Lord.
4. Who shows up and yells at Sara over her rejection of Max Goldstein?
5. How do the salespeople treat Sara when she buys clothing from them after graduating college and becoming a teacher?
(a) They treat her poorly.
(b) They treat her with respect.
(c) They treat her sweetly.
(d) They treat her with indifference.
6. Who does Sara find sick and dying when she visits them after graduating from college?
7. Why do people shun Sara at the funeral in Chapter 28?
(a) Because she will not eat with everyone.
(b) Because she will not say a prayer for the deceased.
(c) Because she does not show up.
(d) Because she will not tear her clothes for the deceased.
8. How much money did Max get paid each week to act and sing in the theater on Grand Street?
(a) Thirty dollars.
(b) Twenty-five dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) One hundred dollars.
9. What food item does Sara get angry over when the man behind her is given a bigger portion for the same money?
(a) Roast beef.
(c) Roast lamb.
(d) Beef stew.
10. Where does Max Goldstein live when he comes to visit Sara?
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
11. Where does Sara move to after she graduates from college?
(a) New York.
(b) San Antonio.
12. By the end of Chapter 20, how does Reb feel about Mrs. Feinstein?
(a) He loves her.
(b) He pities her
(c) He hates her.
(d) He respects her.
13. Who sends Sara a note a few months after Reb's marriage?
(a) Mrs. Feinstein.
(b) Zalmon the fish peddler.
(c) Mr. Edman.
(d) Max Goldstein.
14. How does the principal treat Sara after she destroys gym equipment during class?
(a) He treats her as if she does not exist.
(b) He treats her with the utmost respect.
(c) He treats her rudely and dismissively.
(d) He treats her with understanding and kindness.
15. Why do the students in Sara's night classes not like her?
(a) She talks too loudly.
(b) She coughs too often.
(c) She asks too many questions.
(d) She borrows pens too often.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sara and Mrs. Feinstein argue over in Chapter 20?
2. Sara is afraid of becoming what?
3. What does Mrs. Feinstein spend Reb's lodge money on?
4. Who does Sara go to her freshman class dance with?
5. Where does Max Goldstein take Sara on their first night out?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)