|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what day does Max Goldstein show up at Sara's apartment?
2. What does Sara think of her college campus?
(a) She thinks that her college campus is confusing.
(b) She thinks that her college campus is ugly.
(c) She thinks that her college campus is annoying.
(d) She thinks that her college campus is beautiful.
3. How do the salespeople treat Sara when she buys clothing from them after graduating college and becoming a teacher?
(a) They treat her with indifference.
(b) They treat her poorly.
(c) They treat her sweetly.
(d) They treat her with respect.
4. Who does Sara go to her freshman class dance with?
(c) No one.
5. Who are the first people Sara visits after graduating from college?
(a) Her sisters.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Max Goldstein and his brother.
(d) Morris Lipkin and Fania.
6. Who does Reb marry in Chapter 29?
(a) Ms. Jillian Snow.
(b) Mrs. Bloomburg.
(c) Ms. Lilly Walker.
(d) Mrs. Feinstein.
7. What type of coat does Mrs. Feinstein want?
8. Why do people shun Sara at the funeral in Chapter 28?
(a) Because she will not eat with everyone.
(b) Because she will not say a prayer for the deceased.
(c) Because she will not tear her clothes for the deceased.
(d) Because she does not show up.
9. What type of build does Mrs. Feinstein have?
10. Why do the students in Sara's night classes not like her?
(a) She borrows pens too often.
(b) She asks too many questions.
(c) She talks too loudly.
(d) She coughs too often.
11. Which two sisters come to visit Sara at her apartment?
(a) Bessie and Fania.
(b) Fania and Mashah.
(c) Bessie and Mashah.
(d) None of her sisters come to visit.
12. How does the principal treat Sara after she destroys gym equipment during class?
(a) He treats her rudely and dismissively.
(b) He treats her with understanding and kindness.
(c) He treats her as if she does not exist.
(d) He treats her with the utmost respect.
13. Why does Shenah not approve of Sara living on her own and taking night classes?
(a) She thinks Sara is not smart enough.
(b) She thinks it will turn Sara into an old maid.
(c) She thinks it is too expensive.
(d) She thinks Reb would not approve.
14. How much does Sara pay to get into the freshman class dance?
(a) Fifty cents.
(b) Twenty-five cents.
(c) One dollar.
(d) Seventy cents.
15. Who does Sara find sick and dying when she visits them after graduating from college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What business does Mr. Martin own?
2. What color clothing does Sara wear during the years she goes to night school?
3. What subject does Sara fail in both night school and college?
4. Why does Sara say that she can not come visit her family?
5. What color roses does Sara buy for her hat?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)