|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara think of her college campus?
(a) She thinks that her college campus is confusing.
(b) She thinks that her college campus is annoying.
(c) She thinks that her college campus is beautiful.
(d) She thinks that her college campus is ugly.
2. Where does Max Goldstein say real estate is booming?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) San Antonio.
(d) New York.
3. What are students required to wear to Sara's college's physical education course?
(a) Sweat Pants.
(d) Head bands.
4. Where does Max Goldstein take Sara on their first night out?
(a) Fifth Avenue shopping and the park.
(b) Central Park and the theater.
(c) The vauderville theater and a jazz club.
(d) Dinner and a romantic movie.
5. Who does Sara go to her freshman class dance with?
(b) No one.
6. How do Reb's children react to the news of his new marriage?
(a) They become happy for him.
(b) They become indifferent toward him.
(c) They become angry at him.
(d) They become sad for him.
7. Who does Reb marry in Chapter 29?
(a) Mrs. Bloomburg.
(b) Ms. Jillian Snow.
(c) Mrs. Feinstein.
(d) Ms. Lilly Walker.
8. What is the name of Sara's college geometry teacher?
9. What food item does Sara get angry over when the man behind her is given a bigger portion for the same money?
(a) Roast lamb.
(c) Roast beef.
(d) Beef stew.
10. How do Sara's college classmates treat her when she first begins to attend college?
11. What color roses does Sara buy for her hat?
12. What does Reb start wearing on a normal basis in Chapter 29?
(a) His work shoes.
(b) His sabbath clothes.
(c) His new hat.
(d) His favorite shirt.
13. What color clothing does Sara wear during the years she goes to night school?
(a) Brown and yellow.
(b) Black and grey.
(c) Pink and blue.
(d) Orange and purple.
14. What food item does Shenah bring Sara when she visits her at her apartment?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) A can of beans.
(c) A jar of pickled herring.
(d) A case of crackers.
15. What street does Mr. Edman live on?
(a) Bank Street.
(b) Mill Street.
(c) Viola Street.
(d) Central Street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the principal treat Sara after she destroys gym equipment during class?
2. Reb says that a woman can not get into Heaven without what?
3. Who are the first people Sara visits after graduating from college?
4. What do Sara and Mrs. Feinstein argue over in Chapter 20?
5. At what time does Sara insist on going home on the first night out with Max Goldstein?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)