|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many points is the physical education class at Sara's college worth?
(a) Six points.
(b) Five points.
(c) Four points.
(d) Two points.
2. What food item does Shenah bring Sara when she visits her at her apartment?
(a) A can of beans.
(b) A case of crackers.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) A jar of pickled herring.
3. How do Reb's children react to the news of his new marriage?
(a) They become sad for him.
(b) They become happy for him.
(c) They become angry at him.
(d) They become indifferent toward him.
4. How does Sara keep her new apartment after she becomes a teacher?
(a) Dirty and cluttered.
(b) Dark and dingy.
(c) Clean and lightly furnished.
(d) Plain and empty.
5. What food item does Sara get angry over when the man behind her is given a bigger portion for the same money?
(a) Beef stew.
(c) Roast beef.
(d) Roast lamb.
6. What is a Pullman?
(a) A train.
(b) A bus.
(c) A car.
(d) A plane.
7. What color clothing does Sara wear during the years she goes to night school?
(a) Pink and blue.
(b) Black and grey.
(c) Brown and yellow.
(d) Orange and purple.
8. Why does Sara say that she can not come visit her family?
(a) Because her family moved and she doesn't know where they live.
(b) Because she is too busy with school and work.
(c) Because it would cost too much.
(d) Because Reb would not want to see her.
9. What is the first piece of clothing Sara buys for herself after her move?
(a) A new suit.
(b) A new pair of shoes.
(c) A new hat.
(d) A new scarf.
10. How much does Sara pay to get into the freshman class dance?
(a) Seventy cents.
(b) Fifty cents.
(c) Twenty-five cents.
(d) One dollar.
11. How do Sara's college classmates treat her when she first begins to attend college?
12. Who does Sara find sick and dying when she visits them after graduating from college?
13. Sara feels like who as she leaves New York to go to college?
14. By the end of Chapter 20, how does Reb feel about Mrs. Feinstein?
(a) He respects her.
(b) He pities her
(c) He loves her.
(d) He hates her.
15. What does Sara think of her college campus?
(a) She thinks that her college campus is beautiful.
(b) She thinks that her college campus is annoying.
(c) She thinks that her college campus is ugly.
(d) She thinks that her college campus is confusing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What make-up items does Sara purchase with money she saves so that she can look like the other girls her age?
2. Who shows up and yells at Sara over her rejection of Max Goldstein?
3. How much money does Sara's boss take out of her pay when she makes a mistake?
4. How do the salespeople treat Sara when she buys clothing from them after graduating college and becoming a teacher?
5. What is Sara's favorite subject in college?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)