|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women of the family are not allowed to put their items where?
(a) Sara's toy box.
(b) Father's room.
(c) Mashah's closet.
(d) Mother's cupboard.
2. What color is Mashah's long beautiful hair?
3. Which clothing item does Mother want to buy for Sara with her wages?
(a) A soft hat.
(b) A blue dress.
(c) A winter coat.
(d) A pair of gloves.
4. What item does the young college man come in asking for that Reb discourages him from buying?
(b) Shoe polish.
5. How old is Sara at the beginning of the story?
6. About how many people are in Sara's night school classes?
7. What happens when Sara cleans the window in her her dingy apartment and sticks her head outside?
(a) A bird lands on her head.
(b) A family stops by and begs for money.
(c) She is yelled at by her land lady.
(d) The neighbors drop potato peels on her.
8. Where did Bessie and Berel Bernstein first meet?
(a) At the market.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At a picture show.
(d) At the shop.
9. How many children does Zalmon have?
10. What sort of woman does Zalmon want to marry?
(a) A middle aged woman.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A young woman.
(d) He does not wish to remarry.
11. Who is Zalmon?
(a) The teacher.
(b) The cobbler.
(c) The fish-peddler.
(d) The butcher.
12. How many children does Mashah have?
13. What is Mr. Moe Mirsky's claimed occupation?
(b) Store owner.
14. How does Reb treat Bessie's guest while they are visiting?
15. Who does Morris Lipkin dedicate his collection of poems to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Zaretzky?
2. What is the name of Morris Lipkin's collection of poems?
3. What instrument does Mashah's first true love play?
4. Who does Sara go to see first after running away from home?
5. Why does Berel Bernstein not want Bessie's dowry?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)