|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVII and XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people shun Sara at the funeral in Chapter 28?
(a) Because she will not eat with everyone.
(b) Because she will not say a prayer for the deceased.
(c) Because she does not show up.
(d) Because she will not tear her clothes for the deceased.
2. Who is Mrs. Feinstein?
(a) The woman everyone thinks is cursed.
(b) The young woman who teaches Reb piano lessons.
(c) The baker's wife who sells Reb cheap rolls.
(d) The widow who lives above the Smolinskys.
3. How many children does Mashah have?
4. Why is Mashah poor despite being married to Moe?
(a) Because she spends all of her money on children.
(b) Because she spends all of their money.
(c) Because Moe has no job.
(d) Because Moe spends all of his money on clothing.
5. Why does Sara storm out of Mashah and Moe's home in Chapter 9?
(a) Because the children misbehave.
(b) Because Sara is too poor to pay them money.
(c) Because they will not let her stay at their house.
(d) Because she is angry with how Moe treats Mashah.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many hours does Sara work to be able to support herself and go to night school?
2. Who gives Sara money as she leaves home to go off on her own?
3. Max Goldstein likes to talk about what to Sara?
4. Why does Reb refuse to become a Rabbi?
5. Where does Max Goldstein live when he comes to visit Sara?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)