|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters IX and X.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Sara go to see first after running away from home?
2. What insult does Reb call Sara when she tells him that she is American?
(a) A blasphemer.
(b) A sinner.
(c) A thief.
(d) A liar.
3. Who does Abe Schmukler marry?
4. How much does Sara pay for her small room with a door?
(a) Four dollars a month.
(b) Five dollars a month.
(c) Six dollars a month.
(d) Three dollars a month.
5. Why does Reb refuse to become a Rabbi?
(a) Because he thinks becoming a Rabbi would be selling out his religion.
(b) Because he is lazy.
(c) Because he says he hasn't the time for it.
(d) Because he does not want to make money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shenah react when she realizes that her husband has been swindled by buying the store?
2. Who does Morris Lipkin dedicate his collection of poems to?
3. Why does Sara storm out of Mashah and Moe's home in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Sara want to run away from home?
5. Why did the family leave most of their valuable tools behind when they moved to America?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)