|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters VII and VIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gives Sara money as she leaves home to go off on her own?
2. Why did the family leave most of their valuable tools behind when they moved to America?
(a) Because Sara wanted to bring her stuffed animals instead.
(b) Because father wanted his books brought instead.
(c) Because Fania wanted to bring extra clothes instead.
(d) Because mother wanted her preserves brought instead.
3. Why does Reb refuse to become a Rabbi?
(a) Because he says he hasn't the time for it.
(b) Because he does not want to make money.
(c) Because he thinks becoming a Rabbi would be selling out his religion.
(d) Because he is lazy.
4. How many herring does Sara sell the first time she goes out peddling?
(b) Twenty five.
(c) One hundred.
5. Why does Reb complain after two of his daughters have been married off?
(a) Reb complains because he wants a new coat.
(b) Reb complains because he never hears from them.
(c) Reb complains because he has no meat to eat.
(d) Reb complains because they don't listen to his prayers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Moe Mirsky marry?
2. What does Sara take with her when she runs away from home?
3. What does Reb buy with the money Zalmon gives him?
4. What is the name of the newspaper Reb writes his own ad in?
5. How does Reb treat Bessie's guest while they are visiting?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)