|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V and VI.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reb not want his eldest daughter to marry Berel?
(a) Because Mashah would make a better wife.
(b) Because Bessie earns more money than his other daughters.
(c) Because God told him not to marry Bessie off.
(d) Because he thinks Berel is not good enough for her.
2. What season does Reb say it is always in America?
3. What sort of woman does Zalmon want to marry?
(a) A young woman.
(b) An old woman.
(c) A middle aged woman.
(d) He does not wish to remarry.
4. What color is the dress Bessie puts on for her visitor?
5. How much money does Berel Bernstein earn a week?
(a) Eighteen dollars.
(b) Four dollars.
(c) Six dollars.
(d) Twelve dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Berel Bernstein not want Bessie's dowry?
2. How does Reb treat Bessie's guest while they are visiting?
3. Who does Mashah's first true love get his money from?
4. What happens to the dress Bessie puts on for her visitor?
5. How much does Mashah spend at the store buying her own towel, toothbrush, and soap?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)