|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bessie the last of the older sister siblings to find a man?
(a) Because she is always out late with her friends.
(b) Because she is too picky.
(c) Because she is not as pretty.
(d) Because she is the "burden bearer" of the house.
2. Who is Zalmon?
(a) The butcher.
(b) The fish-peddler.
(c) The cobbler.
(d) The teacher.
3. Who is Mashah's first true love?
(a) Moe Mirsky.
(b) Morris Lipkin.
(c) Berel Bernstein.
(d) Jacob Novak.
4. Why does the relationship between Mashah and her first love fall apart?
(a) Mashah's family does not accept that her love is true.
(b) Mashah's family is too rich for her love's father to approve.
(c) Mashah's family is too poor for her love's father to approve.
(d) Mashah's family is skeptical of her love's true intentions.
5. How much does Mashah spend at the store buying her own towel, toothbrush, and soap?
(a) Thirty cents.
(b) Twenty cents.
(c) Eighty cents.
(d) Fifty cents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mashah's first true love get his money from?
2. How many herring does Sara sell the first time she goes out peddling?
3. Why does Fania say the shops are closed and there is no work?
4. How did Mother react when she found out that Mashah bought her own towel, toothbrush, and soap?
5. What happens to the dress Bessie puts on for her visitor?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)