|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Berel Bernstein not want Bessie's dowry?
(a) Because she does not have one.
(b) Because Reb offers things Berel does not need.
(c) Because Berel does not need money.
(d) Because the dowry is too small.
2. Whose dress does Bessie put on for her visitor?
(a) Fania's dress.
(b) Sara's dress.
(c) Mashah's dress.
(d) Mother's dress.
3. What color is Mashah's long beautiful hair?
4. How old is Sara at the beginning of the story?
5. Why does Sara's mother become angry when she sees what Sara has done to the potatoes?
(a) Because Sara did not wash the potatoes.
(b) Because Sara did not bake the potatoes properly.
(c) Because Sara dropped the potatoes.
(d) Because Sara skinned the potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reb not want his eldest daughter to marry Berel?
2. Who is Bessie?
3. Why did the family leave most of their valuable tools behind when they moved to America?
4. Who does Berel Bernstein end up getting engaged to?
5. Sara's father's most prized possession is what?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)