|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters III and IV.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Mother react when she found out that Mashah bought her own towel, toothbrush, and soap?
2. Why is Bessie the last of the older sister siblings to find a man?
(a) Because she is too picky.
(b) Because she is the "burden bearer" of the house.
(c) Because she is not as pretty.
(d) Because she is always out late with her friends.
3. What item does Sara go to fetch once Bessie's visitor arrives?
(a) Her mother's shawl.
(b) Her mother's soft chair cushion.
(c) Her mother's jelly.
(d) Her mother's mirror.
4. How many herring does Sara sell the first time she goes out peddling?
(a) One hundred.
(d) Twenty five.
5. Who does Fania go to night school with?
(a) Her girlfriend.
(b) Her young man.
(c) Her cousin, Nilly.
(d) Her neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What insult does Mother and Father call Mashah?
2. Why does Berel Bernstein not want Bessie's dowry?
3. What instrument does Mashah's first true love play?
4. Who does Mashah's first true love get his money from?
5. Why does Reb not want his eldest daughter to marry Berel?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)