|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters XVII and XVIII.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do people shun Sara at the funeral in Chapter 28?
(a) Because she does not show up.
(b) Because she will not eat with everyone.
(c) Because she will not tear her clothes for the deceased.
(d) Because she will not say a prayer for the deceased.
2. Who does Morris Lipkin dedicate his collection of poems to?
3. Who is Mrs. Feinstein?
(a) The widow who lives above the Smolinskys.
(b) The young woman who teaches Reb piano lessons.
(c) The baker's wife who sells Reb cheap rolls.
(d) The woman everyone thinks is cursed.
4. What sort of woman does Zalmon want to marry?
(a) An old woman.
(b) He does not wish to remarry.
(c) A middle aged woman.
(d) A young woman.
5. What is the name of Morris Lipkin's collection of poems?
(a) Ballads of Bravery.
(b) Verses of our Soverign.
(c) Poems of Poverty.
(d) Songs of Life.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 13, Sara expects college to be what?
2. What is the name of Zalmon's youngest child that Bessie rocks to sleep?
3. What color is the article of clothing Sara buys on Fifth Avenue after her move?
4. How many children does Zalmon have?
5. What does Sara order to eat on her trip after graduating from college?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)