Chapters I and II
1. Who is Bessie?
(a) Sara's cousin.
(b) Sara's eldest sister.
(c) Sara's best friend.
(d) Sara's teacer.
2. How old is Sara at the beginning of the story?
3. What is the name of Sara's older sister who only concerns herself with fashion and beauty?
4. Sara's father's most prized possession is what?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The Qur'an.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Kojiki.
5. What treasured item does Sara's mother save for days when the family has visitors?
(a) A load of bread.
(b) A jar of jelly.
(c) A jar of pickles.
(d) A few dried herring.
6. What color is Mashah's long beautiful hair?
7. Why does Fania say the shops are closed and there is no work?
(a) The shops are closed until a new president is elected.
(b) The shops are closed until the new year.
(c) The shops are closed until the girls are willing to take less pay.
(d) The shops are closed until the renters can pay their rent for the month.
This section contains 4,205 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)