|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who greets Hope when she gets rescued after Almicar dies?
(a) Mr. Doblin.
2. When will the hostages kidnapped at the blockade get released?
(a) When the hotel construction is completed.
(b) When they complete their given chores.
(c) When they arrive at the soldiers' base.
(d) When they return to their own camp.
3. How many southern chimps remain after Mr. Jeb's death and after a chimpanzee fight?
(a) 5 southern chimps remain.
(b) 9 southern chimps remain.
(c) 6 southern chimps remain.
(d) 3 southern chimps remain.
4. Who writes Hope a note from a psychiatric hospital?
5. Who does Hope join when she reaches the abandoned village?
(c) Mallabar and the whole camp.
(d) Almicar and soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ends the chimp wars?
2. At the end of the story, what does Hope say it is necessary to suspend?
3. After the death of Mr. Jeb, which southern chimp seems to become an outcast?
4. How do the guerrilla soldiers know their leader?
5. Who does not believe the presumed cause of Usman's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Hope, what are life's three important questions?
2. Describe Ian and Hope's escape from their captors.
3. In the end, what lesson does Hope say she's learned about life?
4. What chore does Almicar ask Hope to help him with? What is the purpose of the chore?
5. What does Hope learn about Eugene and Ian on her way back to Grosso Arvore after her kidnapping?
6. How does Hope's discovery among the chimps show her that she and John are not so different? What is it that they have in common?
7. Explain in detail the chimp attack that Mallabar witnesses.
8. What does Hope ask for to end the fighting among the chimps? What becomes of her request?
9. What happens when Hope finally gets Eugene to go with her on an observation?
10. How does Hope learn of a night-time chimpanzee fight and what does she discover with the information?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)