|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rejects Hope's request to add something to the northern group?
2. Who kills Almicar?
(a) Federal troops.
(b) The soldiers.
3. Who apologizes for being a coward?
4. How many pilots quit after Usman's death?
(a) Three pilots.
(b) Only one pilot.
(c) Eight or nine pilots.
(d) All of the pilots.
5. After the death of Mr. Jeb, which southern chimp seems to become an outcast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the subject of a book Hope recently completed at the end of the story?
2. According to Hope, what kind of events or situations are reversible?
3. Who, according to information at the end of the book, were the MIG-15 planes stolen from that were used in the civil war?
4. What do illnesses, nervous breakdowns and injuries show?
5. What does Hope say is caused by one event and unable to be undone or reversed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the situation around Conrad's death.
2. According to Hope, how is life like calculus?
3. Vail makes two sexual overtures to Hope in the novel. When do they occur and what is common about both occasions?
4. How does Mallabar react to the attack that he witnesses?
5. What chore does Almicar ask Hope to help him with? What is the purpose of the chore?
6. Explain in detail the chimp attack that Mallabar witnesses.
7. How does Hope learn of a night-time chimpanzee fight and what does she discover with the information?
8. What happens when Hope finally gets Eugene to go with her on an observation?
9. What is Hopes catastrophe theory? She says there are seven types, but only addresses two. Briefly discuss the difference in the two she outlines.
10. What is Hope's relationship with Mallabar at the end of the novel?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)