|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who apologizes for being a coward?
2. When both southern females are in estrus, what does Hope expect?
(a) More attacks by the north.
(b) Both southern females will die.
(c) A female will get killed by the males in her group.
(d) More fights between the females.
3. How does the person who commits suicide die?
4. Who greets Hope when she gets rescued after Almicar dies?
(d) Mr. Doblin.
5. How many southern chimps remain after Mr. Jeb's death and after a chimpanzee fight?
(a) 6 southern chimps remain.
(b) 3 southern chimps remain.
(c) 9 southern chimps remain.
(d) 5 southern chimps remain.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Hope, what kind of events or situations are reversible?
2. What does Hope say is caused by one event and unable to be undone or reversed?
3. What must Hope receive before she can leave the area?
4. What does Hope want to add to the northern group?
5. Who, according to information at the end of the book, were the MIG-15 planes stolen from that were used in the civil war?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Hope, what are life's three important questions?
2. What is Hopes catastrophe theory? She says there are seven types, but only addresses two. Briefly discuss the difference in the two she outlines.
3. What, briefly, is the mathematical set John dreams of creating and where is he while he is tries to develop it?
4. What explanation was given to Hope about the death of Usman and why does she believe it?
5. Describe Ian and Hope's escape from their captors.
6. What discrepancies does Hope learn about Usman's past and how does she learn them?
7. Explain the situation around Conrad's death.
8. Vail makes two sexual overtures to Hope in the novel. When do they occur and what is common about both occasions?
9. What is Hope's relationship with Mallabar at the end of the novel?
10. What leads Hope to believe that Almicar and his soldiers are the only remaining members of the UNAMO force?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)