|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps Joao's notes for safe keeping?
2. What is Hope working on while her husband conducts his research?
(a) Having a baby.
(b) Finishing her master's degree.
(c) Her doctoral thesis.
(d) Getting a job.
3. According to Hope, what is a proposition so simple it's not even called a theorem?
4. What problem, specifically, does Hope's ex-husband's work relate to?
(c) Scoreboard computer technology.
5. What is the "mockman?"
(a) A portable radio.
(b) A tropical snake.
(c) A comedian.
(d) A chimp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Hope about her tent when she returns from town?
2. Which old chimp was brutally beaten and left for dead?
3. Who hopes to make a purchase from a Syrian friend?
4. After their confrontation, what does Hope get her husband before bed?
5. Who does Hope go with to check on all the pregnant female chimps?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss the events of Hope's father's seventieth birthday party.
2. What is the "mockman" and from where does the term derive?
3. What is Hauser's work?
4. How does Hope report Mr. Jeb's death and how does Mallabar believe?
5. What is the theory that Hope explains to Ian about the war among the chimps?
6. The trip for supplies is not an easy one. Why does Hope look forward to making the trip?
7. Describe Hope's thoughts on time, specifically civil and internal time.
8. What is Usman's personal job training and employment information?
9. Describe the process by which Hope and the other researchers begin their study of chimps.
10. How does Hope plan to reconstruct her burned notes?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)