|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hope's relationship with Gunter?
2. How old was Hope's father when she realized he was no longer happy in his marriage to her mom?
(a) 50 years old.
(b) 60 years old.
(c) 45 years old.
(d) 70 years old.
3. After the big news about funding, who goes on a supply run?
4. To whom does the object that Hope finds while getting an item to give to her husband before bed belong?
(b) John .
5. After their confrontation, what does Hope find when she gets an item to give to her husband before bed?
(a) A frightening headline.
(b) Old cheese.
(c) A note.
(d) The wrong prescription.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eugene suggest happened to the old chimp that was brutally beaten?
2. What does someone want to purchase from a Syrian friend?
3. Who is Clovis?
4. Who corroborates the research leader's explanation of the tossed bundle?
5. What draws the chimps in for observation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hope learn about John in a discussion with Bogden Lewkovitch? What does she not reveal in the discussion?
2. What is the "mockman" and from where does the term derive?
3. What happens after Lena's baby is killed?
4. How does John react when Hope confronts him about his behavior at the lake?
5. What happens to Hope's hut while on a supply run? How, according to Mallabar, did this occur?
6. Describe Hope's thoughts on time, specifically civil and internal time.
7. How does Hope meet John?
8. How does Hope plan to reconstruct her burned notes?
9. Describe Hope's first alarming discovery about the chimps.
10. Who is Clovis and what are Hope's feelings about him?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)