|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lenina assume John will not come out of his room?
(a) Because he is afraid of her
(b) Because she slept with Bernard
(c) Because he does not like her
(d) Because he does not want to sleep with her
2. Which of the following is not a descriptive term the Controller uses to describe home?
(a) Stifling rooms
(b) Obscene relationships
(c) Rabble of children
3. Where does the director propose Bernard should be transfered?
(a) The savage reservation
(b) The creamatorium
(c) Santa Fe
(d) Sub-Centre far from any centre of population
4. What does the quiet voices under every pillow encourage the children in the Elementary Class Consciousness exhort the children to be happy with?
(a) The colors of the various castes
(b) The greatest moralizing and socializing force of all time
(c) The role they have been given
(d) Praise of the model T
5. Whom does Bernard go to pick up?
Short Answer Questions
1. From which play does John quote while he watches Lenina sleep?
2. What happens to the director at the end of this chapter?
3. Who does the director have with him to meet with Bernard?
4. Who do the necessary orders sent to to permit Linda and John to return to the 'other place?
5. What does John call the director when he sees him for the first time?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)