|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miriam Rothschild is known for being a _____________.
2. Monticello is the home of which president?
(a) John Adams
(b) Thomas Jefferson
(c) George Washington
(d) James Madison
3. What does McCullough advise people to limit in their lives?
4. What religious affiliation do the Rothschilds have?
5. What is the timeframe for the subject?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Extraordinary Time" addresses how the world has changed since what year?
2. Why is sunset Plowden's favorite time of day?
3. What is mined in the state in the answer to #122?
4. According to McCullough, who is the last U.S. president to have a sense of history?
5. What is the name of the last 550 acres of land Caudill has spared from the strip miners?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Plowden both photographer and historian?
2. What are the long term effects of strip mining?
3. What is the scope of David Plowden's work?
4. Who is the subject of "Cross the Blue Mountain" and what is this person's association with McCullough?
5. According to McCullough, what are some of Washington D.C.'s best attributes?
6. Who is Miriam Rothschild as described in this chapter?
7. What is the purpose of McCullough's words in "Recommended Itinerary?"
8. Why does strip mining continue in many states?
9. What closing words does McCullough offer the graduates?
10. What is the obvious theme in David Plowden's photography?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)