|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Extraordinary Time" addresses how the world has changed since what year?
2. Who becomes the spokesman for the Kentucky residents affected by strip mining?
(a) William Lexington
(b) Henry Clay
(c) John Muir
(d) Harry Monroe Caudill
3. In strip mining, how many acres are disturbed for every acre mined?
4. Miriam Rothschild is known for being a _____________.
5. What is the name of the building where presidential guests are housed?
(a) Georgetown Inn
(b) White House Annex
(c) The Four Seasons
(d) Blair House
Short Answer Questions
1. What allows man to think he is master of the universe?
2. Where does Richter make a surprise visit to McCullough?
3. What is the name of the first Russian satellite launched in 1957?
4. In addition to aviation, at what other skill do the aviators excel?
5. How many hours does Miriam sleep each night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the purpose of McCullough's words in "Recommended Itinerary?"
2. According to McCullough, what are some of Washington D.C.'s best attributes?
3. Describe Richter's personality.
4. What is Miriams' affinity to fleas?
5. What is Richter's background and the beginning of his writing success?
6. Explain the reason for Charles Lindbergh's loss of popularity in the United States.
7. Which aviators does McCullough include in this chapter?
8. What is the subject of "Long Distance Vision?"
9. What are the characteristics of Richter's writing style?
10. What are the unifying feelings these aviators have about flying?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)