|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Theodore Roosevelt find even more interesting about Remington than his paintings?
(a) His writing
(b) His horse skills
(c) His drinking ability
(d) His background
2. Who is Alexander von Humboldt?
(a) Inventor of the Humvee
(b) Swiss inventor
(c) Italian artist
(d) German-born naturalist
3. Which U.S. president did Humboldt visit in 1804?
(a) Abraham Lincoln
(b) James Madison
(c) John Quincy Adams
(d) Thomas Jefferson
4. Most of the railroad lies in what type of terrain?
5. The town of ________________ ought to be as celebrated as Dodge City or Tombstone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Elizabeth Cabot Cary?
2. What is a major impediment to construction of the railroad?
3. Two of Roebling's successful projects were in ______________ and Niagara Falls.
4. How many documents does Valentine find?
5. Who takes over the project when John Roebling dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is notable about Humboldt and Bonpland's work relating vegetation to elevations?
2. What is the focus of "Glory Days in Medora?
3. Explain the role that the Wild West plays in Remington's work.
4. What is the human cost of building the Panama Railroad?
5. What was the career path of naturalist Louis Agassiz that leads him from Switzerland to America?
6. Explain Theodore Roosevelt's interest in the Medora area.
7. What precipitates the finding of the carpentry shop treasure?
8. What is the nature of Harriet Beecher's childhood?
9. How is Agassiz' American lecture tour described?
10. Why does Agassiz decide to make America his permanent home?
This section contains 867 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)