|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Lonely War of a Good Angry Man" addresses what subject?
(c) Civil Rights
(d) Strip mining
2. Where does Plowden fall in love with trains?
3. What is mined in the state in the answer to #122?
4. Why is Miriam's wealthy Uncle Walter almost always in debt?
(a) He can't stop buying houses
(b) He is building a world-class butterfly collection
(c) He gives away yachts to friends
(d) He is an unparalleled philanthropist
5. What is David Plowden's profession?
6. What makes Lindbergh renounce his profession?
(a) He gets a mental illness
(b) His wife dies
(c) The devastation of Europe during the war
(d) He gets arthritis
7. What is the book written by the answer to #126 which is compared to Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath?
(a) Bluegrass Memories
(b) My Old Kentucky Home
(c) Night Comes to the Cumberlands
(d) Horses, Highways and Hollers
8. Lindbergh is drawn to the Masai people's ________________.
(c) kinship with nature
9. What religious affiliation do the Rothschilds have?
10. What shape is the Octagon House?
11. What are "Grim's Garden Spots?"
(a) Reclaimed mines
(b) Gardening centers
(c) Garden gnomes
(d) Storybook shops
12. "Cross the Blue Mountain" is a remembrance of whom?
(a) U.S. Grant
(b) William Clinton
(c) Conrad Richter
(d) Pablo Picasso
13. In addition to aviation, at what other skill do the aviators excel?
14. "Recommended Itinerary" was originally a __________________________.
(d) commencement address
15. With what is Miriam the most passionate about in nature?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Plowden begin to take photos?
2. About which president is McCullough writing a biography at this time?
3. Vocabulary and _________________ are particularly important to Richter's writing.
4. Where is Plowden's first and only regular job?
5. What is the timeframe for the subject?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)