|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Conrad Richter's first novel?
(a) Seaside Serenade
(b) The Sea of Grass
(c) The Sea Has No Secrets
(d) Seasons of Love
2. With what is Miriam the most passionate about in nature?
3. What is the dominant subject of Plowden's work?
(d) Still life
4. In addition to aviation, at what other skill do the aviators excel?
5. What is the book written by the answer to #126 which is compared to Steinbeck's Grapes of Wrath?
(a) Horses, Highways and Hollers
(b) My Old Kentucky Home
(c) Bluegrass Memories
(d) Night Comes to the Cumberlands
6. In what city was Plowden born?
(c) New York
7. At what age does Plowden begin to take photos?
8. What is the profession of the answer to #126?
9. How many aviators die attempting to cross the Atlantic before Charles Lindbergh, Jr.?
10. With what part or the country is Plowden enamored?
(b) New England
11. What does McCullough advise people to take with them everywhere?
12. In what state does the action occur in this story?
(a) West Virginia
13. About which president is McCullough writing a biography at this time?
(a) Harry S. Truman
(b) John Adams
(c) Thomas Jefferson
(d) Abraham Lincoln
14. What is an elemental part of Richter's stories?
(b) The land
15. Who does the United States displace as the center of world power during this period?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Recommended Itinerary" was originally a __________________________.
2. Where is Plowden's first and only regular job?
3. Why is sunset Plowden's favorite time of day?
4. What shape is the Octagon House?
5. Where does Plowden fall in love with trains?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)