|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the dominant subject of Plowden's work?
(d) Still life
2. What religious affiliation do the Rothschilds have?
3. What does Caudill call his tours of Kentucky strip mines for visitors from other states?
(a) Yours, Mine and Theirs Tours
(b) Harry's Horror Tours
(c) Kentucky's Lesions
(d) Harry's House of Horrors
4. In what state is the Blue Mountain located?
5. About which president is McCullough writing a biography at this time?
(a) Thomas Jefferson
(b) Harry S. Truman
(c) John Adams
(d) Abraham Lincoln
6. What does McCullough consider enough reason for living in Washington, D.C.?
(a) The Metro
(b) The White House
(c) Georgetown shopping
(d) The National Gallery
7. Monticello is the home of which president?
(a) James Madison
(b) George Washington
(c) John Adams
(d) Thomas Jefferson
8. How many children does Miriam have?
9. At what age does Plowden begin to take photos?
10. With what is Miriam the most passionate about in nature?
11. In what year is Miriam born?
12. Which Civil War battle accounts for the bloodiest day in American history?
(c) Bull Run
13. What makes Lindbergh renounce his profession?
(a) He gets arthritis
(b) He gets a mental illness
(c) The devastation of Europe during the war
(d) His wife dies
14. What is mined in the state in the answer to #122?
15. For what book is Antoine de Saint-Exupery most famous?
(a) The Princess and the Pea
(b) Prince Valiant
(c) The Little Prince
(d) The Prince and the Pauper
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the last 550 acres of land Caudill has spared from the strip miners?
2. What is the name of the first Russian satellite launched in 1957?
3. Miriam's father and uncle are both gifted amateur __________________.
4. In what state does the action occur in this story?
5. Where is Miriam's home?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)