|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What life does Harriet come to like?
(a) Domestic life
(c) The lecture circuit
(d) Religious life
2. When does a show exhibiting the documents open in New York?
(a) March 1976
(b) May 1876
(c) April 1975
(d) May 1976
3. "The Builders" is the story of the building of _________________.
(a) The Brooklyn Bridge
(b) The Eiffel Tower
(c) The Golden Gate Bridge
(d) Mount Rushmore
4. In what year are treasures related to the Brooklyn Bridge found?
5. Who was the New York governor who attended the bridge opening?
(a) Grover Cleveland
(b) Fiorello La Guardia
(c) Ed Koch
(d) John Lindsay
6. Who takes over the project when John Roebling dies?
(a) U.S. Grant
(b) Washington Roebling
(c) Richard Remington
(d) Warner Roebling
7. What does Remington falsely claim to be?
(a) U.S. Congressman
(b) U.S. Cavalry lieutenant
(c) Cowpuncher and Indian fighter
(d) Wagon train leader
8. What is the name of Roosevelt's ranch near Medora?
(a) Roosevelt Ranch
(b) Western White House
(c) Little Big Ranch
(d) Elkhorn Ranch
9. Who does Harriet consider guilty of slavery?
(a) George Washington
(b) All white Americans
(c) Thomas Jefferson
(d) Southern cotton merchants
10. The idea for the railroad originates with three men who are _______________________.
(a) not railroad men
(c) railroad executives
(d) army officers
11. Remington illustrates articles written by whom?
(a) Theodore Roosevelt
(b) Harriet Beecher Stowe
(c) Abraham Lincoln
(d) U.S. Grant
12. Why does Agassiz first come to the United States?
(a) To go on a Lecture Tour
(b) To find a wife
(c) To teach at Yale
(d) To meet the president
13. "Agassiz belongs to that class of naturalists who see ___________ in everything."
14. According to Remington, "Cowboys are ______________."
15. What are the found treasures?
(a) Blueprints and drawings
(c) Legal documents
(d) Buried coins
Short Answer Questions
1. The "Steam Road to El Dorado" is the story of the _______________ Railroad.
2. The first essay is entitled "Journey to the top of the __________."
3. Where does Agassiz take a summer expedition in 1848?
4. What does the person in #80 carry across the bridge as a symbol of victory?
5. In what city is Frederic Remington when the chapter opens?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)