|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agassiz consider Darwin's ON THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES BY MEANS OF NATURAL SELECTION?
2. Who is Valentine's neighbor who works for the Whitney Museum of Modern Art?
(a) David Copperfield
(b) David McCullough
(c) David Hupert
(d) Michael Hupert
3. Where does Richter do most of his writing?
(a) The dining room table
(b) The barn
(c) The seashore
(d) The library
4. What number is the end mark in journalistic pieces as well as the day of the month that Richter died?
5. Lindbergh is drawn to the Masai people's ________________.
(d) kinship with nature
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Remington, "Cowboys are ______________."
2. What is the name of Humboldt's book that inspired Charles Darwin and others?
3. What is the name of the Muse of History who used to watch over deliberations in Statuary Hall?
4. According to McCullough, who is the last U.S. president to have a sense of history?
5. McCullough wants Americans to learn more about what?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)