|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caudill call his tours of Kentucky strip mines for visitors from other states?
(a) Kentucky's Lesions
(b) Harry's Horror Tours
(c) Harry's House of Horrors
(d) Yours, Mine and Theirs Tours
2. What does McCullough advise people to take with them everywhere?
3. Vocabulary and _________________ are particularly important to Richter's writing.
(b) verb tense
4. Where does Valentine find documents related to the bridge?
(a) The carpentry shop
(b) Roebling's home
(c) A bank vault
(d) The New York Public Library
5. What life does Harriet come to like?
(a) The lecture circuit
(c) Domestic life
(d) Religious life
Short Answer Questions
1. "Simon Willard's Clock" is about which topic?
2. In what year is Miriam born?
3. In what year are treasures related to the Brooklyn Bridge found?
4. Who is the first American to orbit the Earth?
5. Miriam Rothschild is known for being a _____________.
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)