|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rides in the first carriage across the bridge?
(a) Emily Roebling
(b) Mayor Giuliani
(c) President Chester A. Arthur
(d) Warner Roebling
2. In what state does the action occur in this story?
(c) West Virginia
3. What response does Valentine get from public institutions regarding the drawings at first?
(a) Wild enthusiasm
(b) Mild interest
(c) No interest
4. "South of Kankakee" takes place in what state?
5. What does Theodore Roosevelt find even more interesting about Remington than his paintings?
(a) His background
(b) His drinking ability
(c) His horse skills
(d) His writing
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Roosevelt's ranch near Medora?
2. Who is Valentine's neighbor who works for the Whitney Museum of Modern Art?
3. What life does Harriet come to like?
4. This book is a volume of 17 __________________.
5. Where does Richter make a surprise visit to McCullough?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)