|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humboldt is the first European to ___________________________________.
(a) fly from Paris to New York
(b) sense the greatness of America's Incan and Mayan civilizations
(c) sail through the Panama Canal
(d) create a botanical garden
2. What does Remington falsely claim to be?
(a) U.S. Congressman
(b) U.S. Cavalry lieutenant
(c) Wagon train leader
(d) Cowpuncher and Indian fighter
3. For what book is Antoine de Saint-Exupery most famous?
(a) The Prince and the Pauper
(b) The Princess and the Pea
(c) The Little Prince
(d) Prince Valiant
4. Which of the following does Plowden not arrive in time to photograph before its demise?
(a) The SS Algosooo
(b) The Flamingo Hotel
(c) The Scranton Railroad Station
(d) The Hoboken Ferry
5. The first essay is entitled "Journey to the top of the __________."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCullough consider enough reason for living in Washington, D.C.?
2. What subject had been an unpleasant one to Harriet since her childhood?
3. Who was the New York governor who attended the bridge opening?
4. Where are some of the drawings taken to be cleaned?
5. To what artist is Plowden's photography compared?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)