|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who rides in the first carriage across the bridge?
(a) Mayor Giuliani
(b) Warner Roebling
(c) President Chester A. Arthur
(d) Emily Roebling
2. Miriam Rothschild is known for being a _____________.
3. Who becomes the spokesman for the Kentucky residents affected by strip mining?
(a) Henry Clay
(b) John Muir
(c) Harry Monroe Caudill
(d) William Lexington
4. What did Harriet's famous book prompt?
(a) The Boston Tea Party
(b) The Civil War
(c) The War of 1812
(d) The French and Indian War
5. What shape are the cuts made into the mountainsides in strip mining?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a major impediment to construction of the railroad?
2. In what year are treasures related to the Brooklyn Bridge found?
3. What does Stowe do after her friend, Eliza Stowe, dies?
4. In what countries do Humboldt and Bonpland spend two years?
5. What life does Harriet come to like?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)