|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Agassiz take a summer expedition in 1848?
(a) Mt. St. Helens
(b) The amazon
(c) Lake Superior
2. According to Remington the West is filled with horses, blood and _________________.
3. What response does Valentine get from public institutions regarding the drawings at first?
(b) No interest
(c) Wild enthusiasm
(d) Mild interest
4. What is a major impediment to construction of the railroad?
(a) The financing
(b) The climate
(c) The natives
(d) The terrain
5. What are the found treasures?
(b) Legal documents
(c) Buried coins
(d) Blueprints and drawings
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the founder of Medora?
2. To which Ohio city does Harriet's family move?
3. Where are some of the drawings taken to be cleaned?
4. Which U.S. president attended the bridge opening?
5. Who is Elizabeth Cabot Cary?
This section contains 165 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)