|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Eva Caten?
(a) Remington's first art teacher
(b) Remington's wife
(c) Remington's sister
(d) Remington's favorite portrait subject
2. Who takes over the project when John Roebling dies?
(a) Richard Remington
(b) Washington Roebling
(c) U.S. Grant
(d) Warner Roebling
3. How many drawings are sent to be cleaned?
4. Humboldt and Bonpland explored the New World colonies of which country?
(b) Great Britain
5. What does Remington falsely claim to be?
(a) Wagon train leader
(b) U.S. Congressman
(c) Cowpuncher and Indian fighter
(d) U.S. Cavalry lieutenant
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Harriet claim wrote Uncle Tom's Cabin?
2. Why does Agassiz first come to the United States?
3. Who is Alexander von Humboldt?
4. Where does Theodore Roosevelt spend his time in this chapter?
5. What subject had been an unpleasant one to Harriet since her childhood?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)