|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Francis P. Valentine's job?
(a) Toll taker
(b) Ferry driver
(c) Civil engineer
2. What is the name of Humboldt's book that inspired Charles Darwin and others?
(a) My Life with Plants
(b) Jungle Stories
(c) Hot, Humid Horticulture
(d) Personal Narrative
3. _______________ called Harriet "the little woman who made this big war."
(a) Frederick Douglass
(b) Andrew Johnson
(c) Calvin Stowe
(d) Abraham Lincoln
4. Agassiz helps people understand how ______________ created natural phenomena in Europe.
(a) The Ice Age
(c) The Big Bang
(d) Global Warming
5. What initials are on many of the bridge drawings?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Mores think Roosevelt sides?
2. When is the bridge officially opened?
3. What does Harriet's husband insist about her?
4. What does Agassiz consider Darwin's ON THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES BY MEANS OF NATURAL SELECTION?
5. According to Remington the West is filled with horses, blood and _________________.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)