|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stowe do after her friend, Eliza Stowe, dies?
(a) Manages her estate
(b) Marries Eliza's husband
(c) Adopts her children
(d) Writes her biography
2. Roosevelt's family attribute his presidency and his Rough Riders to ______________________.
(a) his studies
(b) his Medora experience
(c) his grit
(d) his wife
3. Humboldt is the first European to ___________________________________.
(a) create a botanical garden
(b) sail through the Panama Canal
(c) sense the greatness of America's Incan and Mayan civilizations
(d) fly from Paris to New York
4. Who does Harriet claim wrote Uncle Tom's Cabin?
(a) Her husband
(c) Her brother
(d) Her father
5. Which U.S. president attended the bridge opening?
(a) Warren Harding
(b) Grover Cleveland
(c) Chester A. Arthur
(d) U.S. Grant
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the president of the project who dies of malaria on the job?
2. Medora is the location of what national site?
3. According to Remington the West is filled with horses, blood and _________________.
4. What is young Remington pursuing as the chapter opens?
5. Who is Aime Bonpland?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)