|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humboldt is one of the earliest _________________.
2. Who does Mores crusade against when he returns to France?
3. What does Agassiz consider Darwin's ON THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES BY MEANS OF NATURAL SELECTION?
4. What does Harriet's husband insist about her?
(a) She is a literary woman
(b) She is a wonderful mother
(c) She can't keep plants alive
(d) She is a terrible cook
5. Humboldt and Bonpland explored the New World colonies of which country?
(a) Great Britain
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the first stake for the railroad driven?
2. Who takes over the project when John Roebling dies?
3. According to Remington the West is filled with horses, blood and _________________.
4. What initials are on many of the bridge drawings?
5. What does Agassiz turn into a temporary museum filled with his new collection of specimens?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)