|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Humboldt is the first European to ___________________________________.
(a) sense the greatness of America's Incan and Mayan civilizations
(b) sail through the Panama Canal
(c) create a botanical garden
(d) fly from Paris to New York
2. Remington illustrates articles written by whom?
(a) Harriet Beecher Stowe
(b) Abraham Lincoln
(c) U.S. Grant
(d) Theodore Roosevelt
3. What does Theodore Roosevelt find even more interesting about Remington than his paintings?
(a) His background
(b) His horse skills
(c) His drinking ability
(d) His writing
4. When was the first stake for the railroad driven?
(a) May 1860
(b) May 1850
(c) April 1855
(d) March 1850
5. People find Remington to be full of high spirits and _________________.
(d) tall tales
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the founder of Medora?
2. What is young Remington pursuing as the chapter opens?
3. What is a major impediment to construction of the railroad?
4. What is Mores' plan for the town of Medora?
5. _______________ called Harriet "the little woman who made this big war."
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)