|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Harriet consider guilty of slavery?
(a) George Washington
(b) All white Americans
(c) Thomas Jefferson
(d) Southern cotton merchants
2. Medora is the location of what national site?
(a) Mount Rushmore
(b) Theodore Roosevelt National Park
(c) Grant's Tomb
(d) Little Big Horn
3. What does Agassiz turn into a temporary museum filled with his new collection of specimens?
(a) His garage
(b) The cafeteria
(c) The natatorium
(d) A bathhouse
4. What is the name of Humboldt's book that inspired Charles Darwin and others?
(a) My Life with Plants
(b) Hot, Humid Horticulture
(c) Personal Narrative
(d) Jungle Stories
5. What life does Harriet come to like?
(a) The lecture circuit
(b) Domestic life
(c) Religious life
Short Answer Questions
1. _______________ called Harriet "the little woman who made this big war."
2. Where does Agassiz take a summer expedition in 1848?
3. Why does Roosevelt suffer bouts of depression?
4. Before the railroad, what is the only method of crossing the Isthmus of Panama?
5. How many children does Harriet have?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)