|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what countries do Humboldt and Bonpland spend two years?
(a) Ireland, Scotland and Wales
(b) Columbia, Ecuador and Peru
(c) Thailand, China, India
(d) Italy, Germany and France
2. What is Mores' plan for the town of Medora?
(a) Provide film sets
(b) Become the educational center of the West
(c) Establish a cultural center
(d) Open a meat packing plant
3. What does Agassiz consider Darwin's ON THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES BY MEANS OF NATURAL SELECTION?
4. According to Remington the West is filled with horses, blood and _________________.
5. Humboldt is one of the earliest _________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______________ called Harriet "the little woman who made this big war."
2. Who is Louis Agassiz?
3. What is Agassiz' teaching style?
4. Agassiz helps people understand how ______________ created natural phenomena in Europe.
5. What subject had been an unpleasant one to Harriet since her childhood?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)