|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Cross the Blue Mountain" is a remembrance of whom?
(a) U.S. Grant
(b) William Clinton
(c) Conrad Richter
(d) Pablo Picasso
2. Who is the president of the project who dies of malaria on the job?
(a) Henry Chauncey
(b) Frederic Remington
(c) John Lloyd Stephens
(d) William Henry Aspinwald
3. Who is the founder of Medora?
(a) Marquis de Mores
(b) Theodore Roosevelt
(c) Franklin Roosevelt
(d) Dale Medford
4. What makes it hard to retain workers for the railroad?
(a) The heat
(b) Treacherous terrain
(c) Low pay
(d) The Gold Rush
5. What are the found treasures?
(a) Buried coins
(c) Legal documents
(d) Blueprints and drawings
Short Answer Questions
1. What major award did Richter win in 1951?
2. What is Conrad Richter's relationship to David McCullough?
3. With whom does Mores think Roosevelt sides?
4. Where does Richter do most of his writing?
5. In what state is the Blue Mountain located?
This section contains 166 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)