|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The idea for the railroad originates with three men who are _______________________.
(a) army officers
(b) railroad executives
(c) not railroad men
2. With whom does Mores think Roosevelt sides?
(a) Railroad men
(d) Chicago beef trust
3. Why does Roosevelt suffer bouts of depression?
(a) His wife and mother die on the same day
(b) It is an inherited condition
(c) He loses his bid for Congress
(d) He is not nominated for President
4. Most of the railroad lies in what type of terrain?
5. Where are some of the drawings taken to be cleaned?
(a) Whitney Museum of Art
(b) New York Blueprint Co.
(c) Metropolitan Museum of Art
(d) The Louvre
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes it hard to retain workers for the railroad?
2. What was Conrad Richter's profession?
3. What number is the end mark in journalistic pieces as well as the day of the month that Richter died?
4. Vocabulary and _________________ are particularly important to Richter's writing.
5. What act guarantees exclusive U.S. rights to build the railroad?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)