|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 4, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Conrad Richter's relationship to David McCullough?
(b) Golf partner
2. Agassiz helps people understand how ______________ created natural phenomena in Europe.
(a) Global Warming
(b) The Ice Age
(c) The Big Bang
3. What does Agassiz turn into a temporary museum filled with his new collection of specimens?
(a) A bathhouse
(b) The cafeteria
(c) The natatorium
(d) His garage
4. What position is created for Agassiz in America?
(a) Assistant to Darwin
(b) President of Yale
(c) The President's Council on Ecology
(d) Chair of Natural History at Harvard
5. Most of the railroad lies in what type of terrain?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the impetus for the railroad?
2. What act guarantees exclusive U.S. rights to build the railroad?
3. Where was the first stake for the railroad driven?
4. What does Agassiz consider Darwin's ON THE ORIGIN OF SPECIES BY MEANS OF NATURAL SELECTION?
5. What donations is Agassiz able to attain for the school?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)