|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
(a) HIs wealth.
(b) His life.
(c) His home.
(d) His land.
2. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
(a) A butterfly.
(b) A dog.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A wolf.
3. After Brand helps the Woman's husband, some men from the settlement arrive. What have they brought with them?
(a) Weapons to kill him.
(b) Scraps of food.
(c) A new boat.
4. When speaking about Alf, Agnes claims Brand is speaking coldly. What does Agnes ask Brand to do?
(a) Stop talking to her at all.
(b) Not speak to her about Alf.
(c) Continue with the coldness.
(d) Speak gently.
5. How many people have come to the new church?
(a) One hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Einar and Agnes going on their journey?
2. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
3. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
4. What does the doctor say Brand and Agnes must do to save Alf?
5. According to Brand, who must one love first before they can love all mankind?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)