Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
(b) Wild animals.
(c) The nobles of the area.
(d) Bad weather.
2. When Brand sees the valley for the first time, what does Brand realize about the land he has just entered?
(a) He has never been here.
(b) It is what he has seen in his dreams.
(c) He was forbidden to ever return to this land.
(d) It is his childhood homeland.
3. When Brand enters the fjord, why does the Mayor ask Brand for money?
(a) Because the town is in the middle of a long famine.
(b) Because a hurricane has destroyed the town.
(c) Because the Mayor wants to build a new lodge.
(d) Because Brand looks wealthy.
4. What does Brand tell the Mayor is his cause in life?
(a) To "fight until it fill my home with light!"
(b) To "make a holy-day of labour's six."
(c) To insure he has "incited the flock."
(d) To "cleanse the people's rampant sin."
5. What does Agnes say Brand should call God?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Einar compare Agnes to?
2. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
3. Agnes has a vision. What does she claim to have seen in this vision?
4. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
5. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)