|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
(a) He will be attacked by wild animals.
(b) He will fall through the ice.
(c) He will trip on the underbrush.
(d) He will die from pneumonia.
2. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
(b) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
(c) Because he does not know God.
(d) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
3. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
(a) It looks smaller than he remembers.
(b) It looks larger than he remembers.
(c) He does not recognize the land at all.
(d) It looks abandoned.
4. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
(a) To be their farmer.
(b) To be the prision guard.
(c) To be their priest.
(d) To be their Mayor.
5. What is the one condition Brand's mother tells him regarding her fortune that is left to him?
(a) He must not gamble with his life.
(b) He must leave the settlement.
(c) He must never be seen with Agnes again.
(d) He must marry Gerd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
2. Brand's mother sends news that she has offered half of her fortune to God. Brand still refuses to go see her. What is Brand's mother's second offering?
3. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does the Woman need who runs into the town as the squall hits?
5. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)