Eight Week Quiz B
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) His wife and a maid.
(b) No one- he is alone.
(c) A peasant and his son.
(d) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
2. What is the peasant willing to pay to ease his daughter's death?
3. What does Brand save Einar and Agnes from doing?
(a) Being robbed by gypsys.
(b) Falling off a cliff.
(c) Falling over a waterfall.
(d) Being attacked by a lion.
4. At the opening of Act 2, Scene One, what is the mayor handing out to the townsfolk?
5. Why can't Brand and the Woman go back the way she has come?
(a) Her husband is looking for her and has a gun.
(b) The river has flooded and cannot be crossed on foot.
(c) A pack of wild animals guards the pass.
(d) The bridge was destroyed by the storm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the peasant afraid will happen to Brand if he continues on the path he is following?
2. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
3. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
4. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
5. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)