|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is seen at the top off the cliffs as Brand leaves to cross the fjord?
(a) The Woman's husband.
2. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
(b) Wild animals.
(c) The nobles of the area.
(d) Bad weather.
3. Why does Brand refuse to help the peasant and his daughter?
(a) Because Brand's son refuses to let him help.
(b) Because he does not know God.
(c) Because Brand claims the peasant has no soul.
(d) Because he refuses to pay for Brand's services.
4. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
(a) A dog.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A hawk.
5. Where is the only place Gerd ever feels safe?
(a) At home.
(b) No where- she never feels safe.
(c) In church.
(d) Running in the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
2. Who goes with Brand out into the storm?
3. How does Brand think Einar see God?
4. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
5. Where does Elinar know Brand from?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)