|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening act, who is with Brand?
(a) His wife and a maid.
(b) A peasant and his son.
(c) No one- he is alone.
(d) The schoolmaster and a clerk.
2. What is the peasant not willing to give up to ease his daughter's death?
(a) His land.
(b) His life.
(c) HIs wealth.
(d) His home.
3. How does Brand think Einar see God?
(a) As a young, strong man.
(b) As non-existant..Einar does not believe in God.
(c) As a child.
(d) As a cripple.
4. What does the Woman tell Brand her husband has done?
(a) Ran off with a neighbor girl.
(b) Killed their child.
(c) Killed a neighbor.
(d) Gambled away their savings.
5. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(b) Their sin.
(d) The Devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the peasant's son fear they will encounter if they continue on their journey?
2. What does Einar claim Brand has of his?
3. What does Brand say will cause Gerd's church to fall?
4. What does the Mayor warn Man Two not to do after discovering that his wife has died?
5. What debt does Brand claim his mother owes?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)