|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the valley look different from Brand's memories of it?
(a) It looks abandoned.
(b) It looks larger than he remembers.
(c) He does not recognize the land at all.
(d) It looks smaller than he remembers.
2. What is Gerd chasing when she meets Brand?
(a) A wolf.
(b) A dog.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A hawk.
3. Where does Brand decide to go at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To the ice church.
(b) To the mountains.
(c) To the river.
(d) To the settlement.
4. What news does the doctor bring to Brand as he and Agnes are discussing the weaknesses of man?
(a) The mayor needs him for last rites for his son.
(b) Gerd is dying and needs a priest.
(c) The drought is over and the townsfolk are meeting in the square.
(d) Brand's mother is dying.
5. What does Gerd wish Brand to do in her church?
(a) Become the priest.
(b) Try to help her set it fire.
(c) Become a member of the congregation.
(d) Sabotage the worship service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon Brand's arrival to the valley, where are all of the town's folk going to?
2. While talking about the size of the church, what does Brand beg of Agnes?
3. As the men return to the settlement, Brand comments on their appearance. What does he say they have been driven out of?
4. In the beginning of Act Three, why is Brand anxiously looking out over the fjord?
5. What does Agnes claim was wrong with her "visitor" during the night when Brand was gone?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)