|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1, Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A plaque has been set up displaying Brand's name. What metal is the plaque made of?
2. At the Woman's house, what have the men come to ask of Brand?
(a) To be their Mayor.
(b) To be the prision guard.
(c) To be their farmer.
(d) To be their priest.
3. What does the Man claim Brand has shown the townsfolk?
(a) Their sin.
(b) The Devil.
4. Gerd arrives just after the Man leaves. What is Gerd saying has happened?
(a) That she has seen Alf running away through the mountains.
(b) That Brand's mother has died.
(c) The preacher has left.
(d) That the mayor has died.
5. At the end of Act 3, what does Agnes offer up to God as an offering?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brand addresses the men who have come to the Woman's house, where does he say the left eye turns toward?
2. As Brand is speaking aloud to himself in Act 4, he talks about a gift that Agnes possesses. What is the gift that he tells of?
3. While contemplating staying at the settlement, who finds Brand on the shore?
4. Brand claims to know the enemy. Who does Brand believe the enemy to be?
5. While contemplating staying, who does Brand say will be "born again" in the settlement?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)