|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hank phone in the game?
2. Who finishes the dinner preparations?
3. Who leaves the party with Harold?
4. How does Bernard feel after making the phone call?q
5. Who is still depressed about the Affairs of the Heart game?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of evolving roles is an important one in this story. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title--THE BOYS IN THE BAND. Why did Crowley choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Or is the author just having fun with the reader?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Alan. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Alan?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)