|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Donald ask Michael before Michael leaves the apartment?
2. What happens to Michael after he takes the pill?
3. Why does Delbert hang up on Emory?
4. What is Harold doing as Act 2 begins?
5. What gift has the most significance for Harold?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of Alan's character in the play? Why did the author choose to insert him into the drama? Do you think Alan or the other men are better off for Alan's presence in the play? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the play and write a brief synopsis for the lives of four of the characters. Be sure to incorporate personal, political and cultural impacts on the characters' lives.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of Michael's apartment. What does it signify? What role does it play in the drama? Why did the author choose this setting instead of another?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)