|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the objective of Affairs of the Heart?
2. What is Michael's attitude about Alan at the end of the evening?
3. What does Harold do after dinner?
4. Where is Harold encouraged to sit after dinner?
5. Who finishes the dinner preparations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of struggling with personal identity is an important one in this play. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Crowley use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
The role of parental influence is a strong one on most of the men. Cite three examples noting the role of the family in general. Then cite three examples that showcase how the men feel their parents impacted them negatively.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)