|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Michael's position on playing more games this evening?
2. Who does Michael taunt about what Hank and Larry could be doing in the bedroom?
3. What is the tone of conversation at dinner?
4. Michael dares Alan to call whom?
5. What does Michael do after most of the guests leave?
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of Alan's character in the play? Why did the author choose to insert him into the drama? Do you think Alan or the other men are better off for Alan's presence in the play? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Michael's apartment almost becomes a character in the book because it plays such an important role in the story. Explain how an inanimate object can be a character in a story and how the house "interacted" with the "other" characters. Cite three examples to support your claim.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of gay men in the 1960. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century gay men do not have?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)