|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael says that Alan has had an intimate relationship with ________________.
2. Why do the men question giving extra points to Hank?
3. Who enters the room after the lights dim?
4. Who does Hank phone in the game?
5. Donald thinks that Michael's ______________ is better than it used to be.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael's apartment almost becomes a character in the book because it plays such an important role in the story. Explain how an inanimate object can be a character in a story and how the house "interacted" with the "other" characters. Cite three examples to support your claim.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two themes about love in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Is Harold accurate that Michael is an angry, sad gay man? How does Michael's anger exhibit? Cite three examples of Michael's cruelty toward himself as well as toward others.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)