|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a cause of Harold's low self esteem?
2. What do the men do after Harold opens his gifts?
3. Why does Delbert hang up on Emory?
4. How does Bernard feel after making the phone call?q
5. What does Michael tell the group about Harold?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The story takes place as America is experiencing the Hippie Generation, the Vietnam War, Woodstock, and drug usage in the late 1960s. Explain the significance of these political and cultural events on Michael and the other men. How would Michael and the other men's lives be different today? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Alan. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Alan?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Michael. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Michael?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)