|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Harold says Michael is trapped in the body and ____________ of someone he doesn't want to be.
2. Since Hank and Larry are still in his bedroom, where does Michael go at the end of the party?
3. What phone number does Hank dial next?
4. What does Michael do during Alan's phone call?
5. Why has Harold saved barbiturates?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title--THE BOYS IN THE BAND. Why did Crowley choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Or is the author just having fun with the reader?
Essay Topic 2
The story takes place as America is experiencing the Hippie Generation, the Vietnam War, Woodstock, and drug usage in the late 1960s. Explain the significance of these political and cultural events on Michael and the other men. How would Michael and the other men's lives be different today? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)