Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not a cause of Harold's low self esteem?
2. Who makes an accusation toward Harold?
3. What does Michael tell Donald to do before he leaves?
4. Harold and Michael engage in ______________.
5. What item is necessary to play Affairs of the Heart?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title--THE BOYS IN THE BAND. Why did Crowley choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Or is the author just having fun with the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of gay men in the 1960. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century gay men do not have?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)