|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Donald not do at the end of the party?
2. Harold says that Michael lives on credit and _____________.
3. What happens to Michael after he takes the pill?
4. Who does Michael taunt about what Hank and Larry could be doing in the bedroom?
5. What question does Michael ask Alan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the symbolism of Michael's apartment. What does it signify? What role does it play in the drama? Why did the author choose this setting instead of another?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the significance of the play's title--THE BOYS IN THE BAND. Why did Crowley choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Or is the author just having fun with the reader?
Essay Topic 3
The role of parental influence is a strong one on most of the men. Cite three examples noting the role of the family in general. Then cite three examples that showcase how the men feel their parents impacted them negatively.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)