|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Donald thinks that things would be better for Michael if only he _____________________________.
2. How do players of Affairs of the Heart earn extra points?
3. How does Bernard feel after making the phone call?q
4. What had Emory once sent to Delbert as a gift?
5. What does Michael do with Fran on the phone?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alcohol abuse seems to be an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the abuse? Why does it have such a prevalent place in the characters' lives? How does it affect the abusers? How does it affect those impacted by the abusers? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 2
Project into the future ten years after the end of the play and write a brief synopsis for the lives of four of the characters. Be sure to incorporate personal, political and cultural impacts on the characters' lives.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the symbolism of Michael's apartment. What does it signify? What role does it play in the drama? Why did the author choose this setting instead of another?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)