|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harold do after dinner?
2. What is Michael's attitude about Alan at the end of the evening?
3. Harold thanks the men for the party and _______________.
4. What does Donald offer to Michael?
5. Where do Larry and Hank go after the phone call?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the significance of the play's title--THE BOYS IN THE BAND. Why did Crowley choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Or is the author just having fun with the reader?
Essay Topic 2
Is Harold accurate that Michael is an angry, sad gay man? How does Michael's anger exhibit? Cite three examples of Michael's cruelty toward himself as well as toward others.
Essay Topic 3
Project into the future ten years after the end of the play and write a brief synopsis for the lives of four of the characters. Be sure to incorporate personal, political and cultural impacts on the characters' lives.
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)