|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael do with Fran on the phone?
2. What question does Michael ask Alan?
3. What does Michael do during Alan's phone call?
4. Who enters the room after the lights dim?
5. Since Hank and Larry are still in his bedroom, where does Michael go at the end of the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of gay men in the 1960. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century gay men do not have?
Essay Topic 2
The story takes place as America is experiencing the Hippie Generation, the Vietnam War, Woodstock, and drug usage in the late 1960s. Explain the significance of these political and cultural events on Michael and the other men. How would Michael and the other men's lives be different today? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of evolving roles is an important one in this story. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)