|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael do during Alan's phone call?
2. Which of the following is not a cause of Harold's low self esteem?
3. What message does Hank leave for Larry?
4. What does Harold do after dinner?
5. Which of the following does Donald not do at the end of the party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The theme of evolving roles is an important one in this story. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Michael. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Michael?
Essay Topic 3
Michael's apartment almost becomes a character in the book because it plays such an important role in the story. Explain how an inanimate object can be a character in a story and how the house "interacted" with the "other" characters. Cite three examples to support your claim.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)