|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hank claim he had with Larry?
2. It is obvious that Donald has had an intimate relationship with whom?
3. From what do the men in the group suffer?
4. Donald is not happy because his appointment _____________________.
5. Who buys Cowboy for Harold's birthday gift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that makes Hank angry with Larry?
2. How does Alan react to Emory's insinuation that Alan is gay?
3. What advice and encouragement does Donald give Michael?
4. How does the play open?
5. What insight does Donald share about what he has learned in therapy?
6. Who is Cowboy and why is he at the party tonight?
7. What do the guests do when they realize Alan has not yet arrived?
8. With whom does Emory leave the party?
9. What is Alan's reaction when he enters the room?
10. Who is the first man in the group to play Affairs of the Heart and what is the outcome?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the role of gay men in the 1960. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century gay men do not have?
Essay Topic 2
The role of parental influence is a strong one on most of the men. Cite three examples noting the role of the family in general. Then cite three examples that showcase how the men feel their parents impacted them negatively.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Michael. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Michael?
This section contains 1,375 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)