Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sexual persuasion of the people in the story?
2. The story is about how many people?
3. Why is Alan using Michael's friends?
4. What event are the men celebrating?
5. Which of the following is not one of the first guests to arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alan react to the insinuation that he is gay?
2. Where does Michael decide to go at the end of the evening?
3. What line of conversation extends from the men discussing their school roommates?
4. Who is Cowboy and why is he at the party tonight?
5. Describe Emory's turn at playing Affairs of the Heart.
6. Does Michael think it is possible that Justin may have lied about Alan's sexuality?
7. How is Michael surprised when he grabs the phone from Alan?
8. Explain how Michael continues to taunt Alan after the game breaks up.
9. Who turns the tables on Michael and holds him up to scrutiny?
10. Explain the symbolism of Michael's apartment.
Describe the overall setting for the play. Why does Crowley use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Create a character study of Michael. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Michael?
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two themes about love in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)