|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many drinks has Michael had so far this evening?
2. Where is Donald's home?
3. What does Michael try to explain to Alan?
4. What drink does Donald want?
5. How does Alan react to Emory's assertion that Alan is gay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Alan comes back to the party after having removed himself to recover from the fight?
2. Where does Michael decide to go at the end of the evening?
3. Who turns the tables on Michael and holds him up to scrutiny?
4. How does Emory insinuate that Alan is gay?
5. What happens that makes Hank angry with Larry?
6. With whom does Harold leave the party?
7. How does Act 1 end?
8. What do the men do as they wait for the other guests to arrive?
9. How does Alan react to the insinuation that he is gay?
10. How does Alan react to Emory's insinuation that Alan is gay?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The play takes place in the late 1960s as America is experiencing free love, war protests and radical shifts in music. Research this period in America and create a multimedia presentation of the clothes, food, music and people during this time.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of evolving roles is an important one in this story. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of gay men in the 1960. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century gay men do not have?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)