|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Donald suffer from?
2. Where does Michael take Alan?
3. What topic do the men discuss related to school roommates?
4. What shocks Harold when he enters the apartment?
5. What is Cowboy's purpose at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Michael decide to go at the end of the evening?
2. How does Act 1 end?
3. Who is the first man in the group to play Affairs of the Heart and what is the outcome?
4. From what does Donald suffer and how does it impact his life?
5. What happens that makes Hank angry with Larry?
6. How does the relationship between Larry and Hank become apparent during the game?
7. How does Michael ask his guests to behave when Alan arrives?
8. Describe Michael's collapse as the guests begin to leave the party.
9. How does Emory insinuate that Alan is gay?
10. What is the basis for Harold's self esteem issues?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two themes about love in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Harold. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Harold?
Essay Topic 3
Is Harold accurate that Michael is an angry, sad gay man? How does Michael's anger exhibit? Cite three examples of Michael's cruelty toward himself as well as toward others.
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)