|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Donald's home?
2. What ethnicity is Bernard?
3. Who does Cowboy kiss at the door?
4. What event are the men celebrating?
5. Why does Michael take Alan away from the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What seems to brighten Donald's glum mood?
2. What interrupts the conversation between Michael and Donald?
3. Who is the first man in the group to play Affairs of the Heart and what is the outcome?
4. What do the guests do when they realize Alan has not yet arrived?
5. What are Donald's plans to end the evening?
6. What are Alan's feelings about the party at this point in the evening?
7. How does Alan react to the insinuation that he is gay?
8. Why is Emory annoyed with Cowboy?
9. What line of conversation extends from the men discussing their school roommates?
10. How does the play open?
Essay Topic 1
The play takes place in the late 1960s as America is experiencing free love, war protests and radical shifts in music. Research this period in America and create a multimedia presentation of the clothes, food, music and people during this time.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two themes about love in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Michael. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Michael?
This section contains 1,315 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)