Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sexual persuasion of the people in the story?
2. The story is about how many people?
3. Why is Alan using Michael's friends?
4. What event are the men celebrating?
5. Which of the following is not one of the first guests to arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alan react to the insinuation that he is gay?
2. Where does Michael decide to go at the end of the evening?
3. What line of conversation extends from the men discussing their school roommates?
4. Who is Cowboy and why is he at the party tonight?
5. Describe Emory's turn at playing Affairs of the Heart.
6. Does Michael think it is possible that Justin may have lied about Alan's sexuality?
7. How is Michael surprised when he grabs the phone from Alan?
8. Explain how Michael continues to taunt Alan after the game breaks up.
9. Who turns the tables on Michael and holds him up to scrutiny?
10. Explain the symbolism of Michael's apartment.
Essay Topic 1
Is Harold accurate that Michael is an angry, sad gay man? How does Michael's anger exhibit? Cite three examples of Michael's cruelty toward himself as well as toward others.
Essay Topic 2
The play takes place in the late 1960s as America is experiencing free love, war protests and radical shifts in music. Research this period in America and create a multimedia presentation of the clothes, food, music and people during this time.
Essay Topic 3
The theme of struggling with personal identity is an important one in this play. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
This section contains 1,383 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)