Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the sexual persuasion of the people in the story?
2. The story is about how many people?
3. Why is Alan using Michael's friends?
4. What event are the men celebrating?
5. Which of the following is not one of the first guests to arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alan react to the insinuation that he is gay?
2. Where does Michael decide to go at the end of the evening?
3. What line of conversation extends from the men discussing their school roommates?
4. Who is Cowboy and why is he at the party tonight?
5. Describe Emory's turn at playing Affairs of the Heart.
6. Does Michael think it is possible that Justin may have lied about Alan's sexuality?
7. How is Michael surprised when he grabs the phone from Alan?
8. Explain how Michael continues to taunt Alan after the game breaks up.
9. Who turns the tables on Michael and holds him up to scrutiny?
10. Explain the symbolism of Michael's apartment.
Create a character study of Harold. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Harold?
Project into the future ten years after the end of the play and write a brief synopsis for the lives of four of the characters. Be sure to incorporate personal, political and cultural impacts on the characters' lives.
Explain the role of gay men in the 1960. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century gay men do not have?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)