|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of this play?
2. What has Michael recently stopped doing?
3. Which two men are speaking in an intimate way downstairs?
4. It is clear that Cowboy wants to _____________________.
5. At whose apartment do the men gather?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Emory insinuate that Alan is gay?
2. What does Michael taunt Alan into doing to end the game?
3. How does Act 1 end?
4. How does Alan react to Emory's insinuation that Alan is gay?
5. How does Michael ask his guests to behave when Alan arrives?
6. With whom does Harold leave the party?
7. What clues do Larry and Donald give that they had had an intimate relationship?
8. Who is the story of THE BOYS IN THE BAND about?
9. What is Michael's attitude at the end of the play?
10. Why is Emory annoyed with Cowboy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of Alan's character in the play? Why did the author choose to insert him into the drama? Do you think Alan or the other men are better off for Alan's presence in the play? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two themes about love in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 3
The role of parental influence is a strong one on most of the men. Cite three examples noting the role of the family in general. Then cite three examples that showcase how the men feel their parents impacted them negatively.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)