|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Donald is not happy because his appointment _____________________.
2. Where is Donald's home?
3. Who is the next party guest to arrive?
4. The men direct insults to each other and __________________.
5. The story is about how many people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What insight does Donald share about what he has learned in therapy?
2. What does Alan say are his reasons for coming to Michael's this evening?
3. Explain the symbolism of Michael's apartment.
4. What are Donald's plans to end the evening?
5. Who turns the tables on Michael and holds him up to scrutiny?
6. What happens when Alan comes back to the party after having removed himself to recover from the fight?
7. What does Michael taunt Alan into doing to end the game?
8. How do the men try to make Alan feel more comfortable at the party?
9. What is Alan's reaction when he enters the room?
10. What is the basis for Harold's self esteem issues?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of love. Identify at least two themes about love in the book. Then cite an example to support each theme you name.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the concept of loneliness as it exhibits in the story. Which of the characters are lonely? Are they all lonely in some way? Explain the loneliness and the methods and attempts to overcome it.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the play's title--THE BOYS IN THE BAND. Why did Crowley choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Or is the author just having fun with the reader?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)