|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Donald do after Cowboy finishes singing?
2. At what time of day does the story take place?
3. In what city does story take place?
4. Who does Cowboy kiss at the door?
5. What drink does Donald want?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alan react to the insinuation that he is gay?
2. What clues do Larry and Donald give that they had had an intimate relationship?
3. How do the men try to make Alan feel more comfortable at the party?
4. From what does Donald suffer and how does it impact his life?
5. Who are the next three dinner guests to arrive at Michael's apartment?
6. How does Michael enlist Donald's help regarding Alan's presence at the party tonight?
7. What bad habits has Michael given up in order to improve his life?
8. What are Alan's feelings about the party at this point in the evening?
9. Who turns the tables on Michael and holds him up to scrutiny?
10. What advice does Harold have for Michael to be happy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The role of parental influence is a strong one on most of the men. Cite three examples noting the role of the family in general. Then cite three examples that showcase how the men feel their parents impacted them negatively.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of evolving roles is an important one in this story. Describe how it extends through setting, character and issues and provide examples for each.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the significance of the play's title--THE BOYS IN THE BAND. Why did Crowley choose this title? Is there an understood message in the title? Or is the author just having fun with the reader?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)