|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what do the men in the group suffer?
(a) Identity issues.
(b) Low self esteem.
(d) Panic attacks.
2. What does Michael invite Alan to do?
(a) Come over for a drink.
(b) Take an art class.
(c) Join a book club.
(d) Go to the theater.
3. What does Donald do after Cowboy finishes singing?
(a) Leads another round of Happy Birthday.
(b) Does a little dance.
(c) Puts new music on the stereo.
4. What is the sexual persuasion of the people in the story?
5. What does Michael do after Cowboy finishes singing?
(a) Fixes a drink.
(b) Turns on the stereo.
(c) Pays Cowboy.
(d) Changes clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the play perceived at its introduction in 1969?
2. At whose apartment do the men gather?
3. What is Cowboy's profession?
4. Why is Alan using Michael's friends?
5. What does Donald suffer from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Emory annoyed with Cowboy?
2. Explain how Michael continues to taunt Alan after the game breaks up.
3. Explain the symbolism of Michael's apartment.
4. How does Michael enlist Donald's help regarding Alan's presence at the party tonight?
5. What finally breaks the tension at dinner?
6. What do the men do after dinner and birthday cake?
7. Does Michael think it is possible that Justin may have lied about Alan's sexuality?
8. How does Alan react to Emory's insinuation that Alan is gay?
9. What is at the core of Michael's passive-aggressive behavior during Act 2?
10. How is Michael surprised when he grabs the phone from Alan?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)