|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Alan dressed?
(a) Black tie.
(b) Suit and tie.
(c) Jeans and T shirt.
(d) Casual Friday.
2. How could Alan's demeanor be described?
3. What is notable about Bernard's clothes?
(a) They do not match.
(b) They are impeccably tailored.
(c) They have tears in them.
(d) They are too large.
4. What does Donald suffer from?
(a) Bipolar disease.
(d) Anxiety attacks.
5. Why does Emory make Alan uncomfortable?
(a) He is too effeminate.
(b) He smokes like a chimney.
(c) He uses foul language.
(d) He is drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two men are speaking in an intimate way downstairs?
2. What is Cowboy's profession?
3. The story is about how many people?
4. What is Michael doing as the play begins?
5. What is Cowboy's purpose at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Emory's turn at playing Affairs of the Heart.
2. Who are the next three dinner guests to arrive at Michael's apartment?
3. Who is the only African American guest at the party?
4. Where does Michael decide to go at the end of the evening?
5. What is the undercurrent of the dialogue between the men in Act 1?
6. What are Donald's plans to end the evening?
7. How is Michael surprised when he grabs the phone from Alan?
8. What does Alan's character symbolize in the play?
9. What happens when Alan comes back to the party after having removed himself to recover from the fight?
10. How does Alan react to the insinuation that he is gay?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)