|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not prevalent in Act 1?
(d) Stereotypical gay clothing.
2. How does Michael's apartment appear?
(d) Over crowded.
3. Who does Donald acknowledge is responsible for any necessary changes in his life?
(a) His priest.
(b) His boyfriend.
(c) His therapist.
4. How is Alan dressed?
(a) Jeans and T shirt.
(b) Black tie.
(c) Casual Friday.
(d) Suit and tie.
5. What ethnicity is Bernard?
(d) African American.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alan?
2. Where is Alan's home located?
3. In what year does the play take place?
4. What does Cowboy do when he sees Harold?
5. Which two men are speaking in an intimate way downstairs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the game the men decide to play and what are the rules?
2. What insight does Donald share about what he has learned in therapy?
3. Describe Michael's collapse as the guests begin to leave the party.
4. Describe the contentious dynamic between Michael and Harold at dinner.
5. Who is the story of THE BOYS IN THE BAND about?
6. How does the play open?
7. What happens when Alan comes back to the party after having removed himself to recover from the fight?
8. What are Donald's plans to end the evening?
9. How is Michael surprised when he grabs the phone from Alan?
10. What does Alan's character symbolize in the play?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)