|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alan invite the men to do?
(a) Go out to dinner.
(b) Go golfing.
(c) Visit him at his home.
(d) Go to the theater.
2. Which of the following do the men not discuss after Alan arrives?
(b) Interior design.
3. Which of Michael's friends is Alan a little skittish about?
4. Which man is the next to arrive at the party?
5. Why is Alan using Michael's friends?
(a) To assuage his loneliness.
(b) To get free drinks.
(c) To make business contacts.
(d) To test the possibility that he is gay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alan think is the birthday boy?
2. What ethnicity is Bernard?
3. Who is the next party guest to arrive?
4. What is Harold doing as Act 1 ends?
5. What is the setting as the play opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michael answer Donald's question about why Alan had come to the party tonight?
2. With whom does Harold leave the party?
3. Describe Michael's collapse as the guests begin to leave the party.
4. What do the men do as they wait for the other guests to arrive?
5. How does Michael clarify an invitation for Alan to come over for drinks?
6. Which gift seems to have the most significance for Harold?
7. Who is the story of THE BOYS IN THE BAND about?
8. What happens when Harold finally arrives at the party?
9. How does Act 1 end?
10. Who are the next three dinner guests to arrive at Michael's apartment?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)