|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cowboy's profession?
(b) Male prostitute.
2. What type of appointment was canceled for Donald?
3. What drink does Donald want?
(a) Red wine.
(d) Gin and tonic.
4. Where is Donald's home?
(c) Long Island.
5. What type of dance do the men do while waiting?
(d) Chorus line.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Michael recently stopped doing?
2. Who does Donald say is responsible for his being gay?
3. Which of the men implies that Alan is a homosexual and not a married man?
4. What is Harold doing as Act 1 ends?
5. In what year does the play take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the undercurrent of the dialogue between the men in Act 1?
2. What clues do Larry and Donald give that they had had an intimate relationship?
3. What advice and encouragement does Donald give Michael?
4. What is Michael's attitude at the end of the play?
5. What happens that makes Hank angry with Larry?
6. Why are Hank's game points in question after he makes the phone call in Affairs of the Heart?
7. What do the men do as they wait for the other guests to arrive?
8. What is Alan's reaction when he enters the room?
9. What does Alan's character symbolize in the play?
10. Explain how Michael continues to taunt Alan after the game breaks up.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)