|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why have the men gathered?
(a) For a celebration.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For a book group.
(d) For a class.
2. Donald is not happy because his appointment _____________________.
(a) Was cut short.
(b) Was cancelled.
(c) Was rescheduled.
(d) Ran too long.
3. Who buys Cowboy for Harold's birthday gift?
4. At what is Harold laughing as Act 1 ends?
(a) Alan and Emory fighting.
(b) Donald's dirty jokes.
(c) Michael's odd outfit.
(d) His singing Cowboy gift.
5. What is the sexual persuasion of the people in the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two men are speaking in an intimate way downstairs?
2. How many drinks has Michael had so far this evening?
3. Who is Alan?
4. What is Alan's behavior regarding Michael's friends?
5. What does Michael ask Donald to help with?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Emory's turn at playing Affairs of the Heart.
2. How does Alan react to the insinuation that he is gay?
3. Describe Michael's collapse as the guests begin to leave the party.
4. Which gift seems to have the most significance for Harold?
5. What bad habits has Michael given up in order to improve his life?
6. How does Michael enlist Donald's help regarding Alan's presence at the party tonight?
7. Who is the only African American guest at the party?
8. What line of conversation extends from the men discussing their school roommates?
9. How does Alan react to Emory's insinuation that Alan is gay?
10. Explain how Michael continues to taunt Alan after the game breaks up.
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)