|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alan is conflicted by his own _____________________.
(a) Financial problems.
(b) Self esteem issues.
(c) Sexual identity.
2. In what year does the play take place?
3. Who are the people in the story?
4. According to Michael, this is one of those parties where everybody is invited and ___________________________.
(a) Brings a covered dish.
(b) Brings a gift.
(c) Then unfortunately shows up.
(d) Does not RSVP.
5. Alan claims to not pass judgment on ____________________.
(a) Other people's religious beliefs.
(b) Other people's lifestyles.
(c) Other people's professions.
(d) Other people's homes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alan react to Emory's assertion that Alan is gay?
2. What is Alan's sexual persuasion?
3. At whose apartment do the men gather?
4. What lifts Donald's spirits?
5. The men is the play struggle for ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Michael's collapse as the guests begin to leave the party.
2. How does the play open?
3. What is the premise of THE BOYS IN THE BAND?
4. What is Michael's attitude at the end of the play?
5. What does Alan's character symbolize in the play?
6. What line of conversation extends from the men discussing their school roommates?
7. What seems to brighten Donald's glum mood?
8. What is the basis for Harold's self esteem issues?
9. How does the relationship between Larry and Hank become apparent during the game?
10. What bad habits has Michael given up in order to improve his life?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)