|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the first guests to arrive?
2. What is Michael doing as the play begins?
(a) Taking a shower.
(b) Wrapping a gift.
(c) Mixing drinks.
(d) Fixing hors d'oeuvres.
3. Who is the next party guest to arrive?
4. What does Michael claim fueled his first gay experiences?
5. Where does Michael take Alan?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The den.
(c) The balcony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does Donald want?
2. What does Michael do after Cowboy finishes singing?
3. What is Cowboy's profession?
4. How was the play perceived at its introduction in 1969?
5. What ethnicity is Bernard?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what does Donald suffer and how does it impact his life?
2. What bad habits has Michael given up in order to improve his life?
3. What is at the core of Michael's passive-aggressive behavior during Act 2?
4. What does Alan's character symbolize in the play?
5. What line of conversation extends from the men discussing their school roommates?
6. Explain the symbolism of Michael's apartment.
7. How does Alan react to the insinuation that he is gay?
8. How do the men try to make Alan feel more comfortable at the party?
9. What interrupts the conversation between Michael and Donald?
10. Who is the only African American guest at the party?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)