|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michael doing as the play begins?
(a) Mixing drinks.
(b) Wrapping a gift.
(c) Taking a shower.
(d) Fixing hors d'oeuvres.
2. Where does Michael take Alan?
(a) The kitchen.
(c) The den.
(d) The balcony.
3. Which of Michael's friends is Alan a little skittish about?
4. The men is the play struggle for ________________________.
(a) True love.
(b) Financial freedom.
(c) Marriage rights.
(d) Acceptance in mainstream society.
5. Whose birthday are the men celebrating?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alan react to Emory's assertion that Alan is gay?
2. What shocks Alan when he arrives?
3. What drink does Donald want?
4. What does Michael ask Donald to help with?
5. What is Cowboy's purpose at the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that makes Hank angry with Larry?
2. How does Michael enlist Donald's help regarding Alan's presence at the party tonight?
3. What does Alan say are his reasons for coming to Michael's this evening?
4. How does Michael ask his guests to behave when Alan arrives?
5. Where does Michael decide to go at the end of the evening?
6. Who is the first man in the group to play Affairs of the Heart and what is the outcome?
7. Does Michael think it is possible that Justin may have lied about Alan's sexuality?
8. What is the undercurrent of the dialogue between the men in Act 1?
9. How does the relationship between Larry and Hank become apparent during the game?
10. Describe Michael's collapse as the guests begin to leave the party.
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)