|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting as the play opens?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A college classroom.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A coffee shop.
2. Which of the following is not one of the first guests to arrive?
3. From what do the men in the group suffer?
(a) Panic attacks.
(c) Low self esteem.
(d) Identity issues.
4. What excuse does Cowboy give for wanting to leave early?
(b) Early meeting tomorrow.
(c) Back pain.
(d) The flu.
5. Why does Emory make Alan uncomfortable?
(a) He uses foul language.
(b) He is drunk.
(c) He is too effeminate.
(d) He smokes like a chimney.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Larry's perspective on any agreement with Hank?
2. Which of Michael's friends is Alan a little skittish about?
3. What is Alan's behavior regarding Michael's friends?
4. What does Michael try to explain to Alan?
5. Who is the next party guest to arrive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the basis for Harold's self esteem issues?
2. Who are the next three dinner guests to arrive at Michael's apartment?
3. Why are Hank's game points in question after he makes the phone call in Affairs of the Heart?
4. What finally breaks the tension at dinner?
5. What does Michael taunt Alan into doing to end the game?
6. Who is the story of THE BOYS IN THE BAND about?
7. What advice does Harold have for Michael to be happy?
8. How does Alan react to Emory's insinuation that Alan is gay?
9. How does the play open?
10. What do the men do as they wait for the other guests to arrive?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)