|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Michael take Alan away from the group?
(a) Because he has a stock tip for him.
(b) Because the others are making fun of him.
(c) Because he wants some medical advice.
(d) To talk privately.
2. What does Michael ask Donald to help with?
(a) Straighten the pillows on the sofas.
(b) Prepare some hors d'oeuvres.
(c) Mix a pitcher of martinis.
(d) Keep the gay vibe undercover until Alan leaves.
3. Who points out Harold to Cowboy?
4. What is the name of this play?
(a) Boys Will Be Boys.
(b) The Guys in the Outfield.
(c) Locker Room Diaries.
(d) The Boys in the Band.
5. What is the setting as the play opens?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) A college classroom.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) An apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drink does Donald want?
2. What lifts Donald's spirits?
3. Who does Cowboy kiss at the door?
4. What event are the men celebrating?
5. The men is the play struggle for ________________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Michael say that Alan stayed all night at the party?
2. How does Act 1 end?
3. What does Michael taunt Alan into doing to end the game?
4. How does Alan react to the insinuation that he is gay?
5. How does Michael enlist Donald's help regarding Alan's presence at the party tonight?
6. What seems to brighten Donald's glum mood?
7. Describe Michael's collapse as the guests begin to leave the party.
8. Who is the story of THE BOYS IN THE BAND about?
9. What bad habits has Michael given up in order to improve his life?
10. How is Michael surprised when he grabs the phone from Alan?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)