|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Alan when he arrives?
(a) The sight of Donald sitting on Michael's lap.
(b) The sight of the men doing cocaine.
(c) The sight of two of the men kissing.
(d) The sight of the men intertwined in a kick routine.
2. Where is Alan's home located?
(c) New York.
3. Who does Alan think is the birthday boy?
4. How is Alan dressed?
(a) Jeans and T shirt.
(b) Casual Friday.
(c) Suit and tie.
(d) Black tie.
5. Who is Alan?
(a) Michael's college roommate.
(b) Michael's boyfriend.
(c) Michael's boss.
(d) Michael's brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what room does Alan emerge?
2. Where is Donald's home?
3. What ethnicity is Bernard?
4. Why does Michael take Alan away from the group?
5. What does Michael do after Cowboy finishes singing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michael ask his guests to behave when Alan arrives?
2. What is the premise of THE BOYS IN THE BAND?
3. What are Alan's feelings about the party at this point in the evening?
4. How does Michael clarify an invitation for Alan to come over for drinks?
5. How do the men try to make Alan feel more comfortable at the party?
6. What seems to brighten Donald's glum mood?
7. What finally breaks the tension at dinner?
8. What bad habits has Michael given up in order to improve his life?
9. Who is the story of THE BOYS IN THE BAND about?
10. What is the undercurrent of the dialogue between the men in Act 1?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)