|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Donald suffer from?
(a) Anxiety attacks.
(c) Bipolar disease.
2. Cowboy's early arrival kills the ______________________.
(a) Surprise gift.
(b) Cocaine buzz.
(d) Midnight Cowboy joke.
3. In what city does story take place?
(a) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. Which of the following is not one of the first guests to arrive?
5. Why is Alan using Michael's friends?
(a) To test the possibility that he is gay.
(b) To get free drinks.
(c) To assuage his loneliness.
(d) To make business contacts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Donald say is responsible for his being gay?
2. At whose apartment do the men gather?
3. What does Michael claim fueled his first gay experiences?
4. Which of Michael's friends is Alan a little skittish about?
5. Who is Alan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Harold finally arrives at the party?
2. Describe Michael's collapse as the guests begin to leave the party.
3. What does Alan's character symbolize in the play?
4. With whom does Harold leave the party?
5. How does the play open?
6. What is the game the men decide to play and what are the rules?
7. Describe the contentious dynamic between Michael and Harold at dinner.
8. How does Alan react to Emory's insinuation that Alan is gay?
9. How does Act 1 end?
10. How is Michael surprised when he grabs the phone from Alan?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)