|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Donald ask Michael before Michael leaves the apartment?
(a) Why Alan actually came tonight.
(b) What he wants for breakfast.
(c) Does he want a snack.
(d) If he set the alarm.
2. What happens to Michael after he takes the pill?
(a) Collapses into Donald's arms.
(c) Falls asleep on the couch.
(d) Goes to bed.
3. What phone number does Hank dial next?
(a) Larry's work number.
(b) Larry's home phone.
(c) The second line in Michael's apartment.
(d) Larry's cell phone.
4. How does Bernard know Peter?
(a) They were college roommates.
(b) They had a drunken encounter one night.
(c) They take a night class together.
(d) They are in the same book club.
5. What does Harold do after dinner?
(a) Has a brandy.
(b) Goes for a walk.
(c) Opens his gifts.
(d) Smokes a cigar.
6. Who does Emory phone?
(a) Delbert Brunswick.
(b) Delbert Bostwick.
(c) Delbert Botticelli.
(d) Delbert Botts.
7. Since Hank and Larry are still in his bedroom, where does Michael go at the end of the party?
(a) Midnight mass.
(b) A hotel.
(c) His mother's house.
(d) Donald's apartment.
8. Which of the following is not a cause of Harold's low self esteem?
(a) His high salary.
(b) His being Jewish.
(c) His being gay.
(d) His having adult acne.
9. What is Michael's attitude about Alan at the end of the evening?
(a) He is not concerned.
(b) He is going to talk to him tomorrow.
(c) He is ready to have him committed.
(d) He is angry at him.
10. Harold and Michael engage in ______________.
(b) A board game.
(c) A wrestling match.
(d) A conversation.
11. Where is Harold encouraged to sit after dinner?
(a) The futon.
(b) The loveseat.
(c) The sofa.
(d) The bar stool.
12. Why has Harold saved barbiturates?
(a) To give to a friend.
(b) To get a buzz.
(c) To kill himself.
(d) To sleep better.
13. Alan adamantly refuses to acknowledge that ________________.
(a) He is gay.
(b) He is getting a divorce.
(c) He has AIDS.
(d) He is broke.
14. Alan claims that he is __________.
15. Why does Delbert hang up on Emory?
(a) He does not remember Emory.
(b) He is repulsed by Emory.
(c) He thinks it is a wrong number.
(d) He does not have time to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael's apartment symbolize?
2. What does Michael do during Alan's phone call?
3. Who finishes the dinner preparations?
4. What does Harold call Michael?
5. What does Michael tell the group about Harold?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)