|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the men is the first to play the game?
2. How do players of Affairs of the Heart earn extra points?
(a) By not crying when making their phone call.
(b) By asking for forgiveness from the person they call.
(c) By verbalizing their feelings to the person they have called.
(d) By not insulting the person they call.
3. Alan claims that he is __________.
4. What does Michael's apartment symbolize?
(a) A haven.
(b) The womb.
(c) A design mecca.
(d) A microcosm of homosexual life.
5. Michael dares Alan to call whom?
6. Michael says that Alan has had an intimate relationship with ________________.
(a) His son's coach.
(b) His business partner.
(c) Another college roommate.
(d) His neighbor.
7. Michael thinks that Alan's angst could have been over a fight with Fran or ____________________.
(a) Financial problems.
(b) A nervous breakdown.
(c) Some other emotional distress.
(d) A health scare.
8. Who has Alan actually called?
(a) His brother.
(b) His mother.
(c) His boss.
(d) His wife.
9. Why does Alan feel really annoyed by the game?
(a) He is sick of gay theatrics.
(b) He has had too much to drink.
(c) He never wins.
(d) He doesn't have anyone to call.
10. Who is Peter Dahlbeck?
(a) The son of the woman for whom Bernard's mother works.
(b) The brother of Bernard's boss.
(c) Bernard's boss.
(d) Bernard's neighbor.
11. What is Cowboy carrying when he comes into the room?
(a) A tray of martinis.
(b) Birthday balloons.
(c) A birthday cake.
(d) Two bottles of champagne.
12. Harold says that Michael lives on credit and _____________.
(c) Good looks.
13. Harold thanks the men for the party and _______________.
(a) The dinner.
(b) The wine.
(c) The gifts.
(d) The good conversation.
14. How does Bernard know Peter?
(a) They take a night class together.
(b) They were college roommates.
(c) They are in the same book club.
(d) They had a drunken encounter one night.
15. Who is the person in the photo in the silver frame?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael do after most of the guests leave?
2. What is Alan's wife's name?
3. Why does Hank call the second number in Michael's apartment?
4. Who enters the room after the lights dim?
5. What becomes apparent when it is Hank's turn to play Affair of the Heart?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)