|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Emory phone?
(a) Delbert Botticelli.
(b) Delbert Botts.
(c) Delbert Brunswick.
(d) Delbert Bostwick.
2. What does Harold call Michael?
(a) A homo.
(b) A sad gay man.
(c) A queer.
(d) A fraud.
3. What does Michael do during Alan's phone call?
(a) Grabs the phone.
(b) Takes a walk.
(c) Shouts obscenities.
(d) Slams down the receiver.
4. How does Michael react to Donald's idea that Justin could have lied about Alan's sexuality?
(a) He explodes in anger.
(b) He cries for a few minutes.
(c) He shrugs it off.
(d) He just laughs.
5. Harold says that Michael hates _________________.
(a) The color purple.
(b) With a passion.
(c) People who are late.
6. What question does Michael ask Alan?
(a) If he can lend him $50.
(b) If he knows what it means to be "in the closet."
(c) If he knows a good orthopedic surgeon.
(d) If he wants to go to dinner sometime.
7. What does Michael suggest the men do when the dancing is halted?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Go to the movies.
(c) Go out for cocktails.
(d) Play games.
8. How do players of Affairs of the Heart earn extra points?
(a) By not insulting the person they call.
(b) By verbalizing their feelings to the person they have called.
(c) By not crying when making their phone call.
(d) By asking for forgiveness from the person they call.
9. Who does Hank phone in the game?
(a) Larry's work number.
(b) The answering service he and Larry share.
(c) Larry's home number.
(d) Larry's cell phone.
10. Which of the following is not a cause of Harold's low self esteem?
(a) His having adult acne.
(b) His being gay.
(c) His high salary.
(d) His being Jewish.
11. Who is the person in the photo in the silver frame?
12. What is the objective of Affairs of the Heart?
(a) Call the one person you have always loved.
(b) Call your mother.
(c) Call the person who has hurt you the most.
(d) Call a person to forgive them for something.
13. Why does Alan feel really annoyed by the game?
(a) He has had too much to drink.
(b) He doesn't have anyone to call.
(c) He never wins.
(d) He is sick of gay theatrics.
14. What does Michael insist that Alan do?
(a) Sing to Harold.
(b) Pay for dinner.
(c) Take out the garbage.
(d) Face the truth about his sexuality.
15. Where do Larry and Hank go after the phone call?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) A bar.
(c) The balcony.
(d) A cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Michael thinks that Alan's angst could have been over a fight with Fran or ____________________.
2. What does Michael do with Fran on the phone?
3. What does Harold do after dinner?
4. Harold says that Michael lives on credit and _____________.
5. What is Michael's position on playing more games this evening?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)