|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not prevalent in Act 1?
(c) Stereotypical gay clothing.
2. Who does Donald acknowledge is responsible for any necessary changes in his life?
(a) His priest.
(b) His therapist.
(c) His boyfriend.
3. Who does Donald say is responsible for his being gay?
(c) His parents.
4. What is Cowboy's profession?
(a) Male prostitute.
5. What is the name of this play?
(a) Locker Room Diaries.
(b) The Boys in the Band.
(c) Boys Will Be Boys.
(d) The Guys in the Outfield.
6. Who is the next party guest to arrive?
7. What lifts Donald's spirits?
(a) A new boyfriend.
(b) Pampering items Michael has purchased.
(c) Theater tickets.
(d) A massage.
8. What does Michael ask Donald to help with?
(a) Prepare some hors d'oeuvres.
(b) Keep the gay vibe undercover until Alan leaves.
(c) Mix a pitcher of martinis.
(d) Straighten the pillows on the sofas.
9. Where does Michael take Alan?
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The den.
(d) The balcony.
10. What does Cowboy do when he sees Harold?
(a) Kisses him.
(b) Gives him a drink.
(c) Does a strip tease.
(d) Sings Happy Birthday.
11. How was the play perceived at its introduction in 1969?
12. Alan is conflicted by his own _____________________.
(a) Self esteem issues.
(b) Sexual identity.
(c) Financial problems.
13. Donald is not happy because his appointment _____________________.
(a) Ran too long.
(b) Was cancelled.
(c) Was cut short.
(d) Was rescheduled.
14. How is Alan dressed?
(a) Suit and tie.
(b) Black tie.
(c) Jeans and T shirt.
(d) Casual Friday.
15. What has Michael recently stopped doing?
(a) Maxing out his credit cards.
(c) Drinking and smoking.
(d) Staying out all night.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Michael take Alan away from the group?
2. The men direct insults to each other and __________________.
3. What is Larry's perspective on any agreement with Hank?
4. According to Michael, this is one of those parties where everybody is invited and ___________________________.
5. What excuse does Cowboy give for wanting to leave early?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)