|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Cowboy's early arrival kills the ______________________.
(a) Surprise gift.
(c) Midnight Cowboy joke.
(d) Cocaine buzz.
2. What does Donald suffer from?
(b) Bipolar disease.
(c) Anxiety attacks.
3. What does Michael try to explain to Alan?
(a) His alcohol abuse.
(b) An investment tip.
(c) His cocaine problem.
(d) The nature of the party.
4. What does Alan symbolize for the men?
(a) The specter of death.
(b) The need to succeed.
(c) Living in denial.
(d) The intrusion of mainstream society.
5. Alan claims to not pass judgment on ____________________.
(a) Other people's lifestyles.
(b) Other people's professions.
(c) Other people's religious beliefs.
(d) Other people's homes.
6. Which of the men implies that Alan is a homosexual and not a married man?
7. How was the play perceived at its introduction in 1969?
8. Which two men are speaking in an intimate way downstairs?
(a) Donald and Cowboy.
(b) Larry and Emory.
(c) Donald and Larry.
(d) Hank and Cowboy.
9. What type of dance do the men do while waiting?
(d) Chorus line.
10. In what year does the play take place?
11. Who is the next party guest to arrive?
12. Who does Alan think is the birthday boy?
13. How could Alan's demeanor be described?
14. What does Cowboy do when he sees Harold?
(a) Gives him a drink.
(b) Does a strip tease.
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Sings Happy Birthday.
15. At whose apartment do the men gather?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael claim fueled his first gay experiences?
2. What is the sexual persuasion of the people in the story?
3. How is Alan dressed?
4. What is Alan's sexual persuasion?
5. What is Michael doing as the play begins?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)