|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of the first guests to arrive?
2. Why have the men gathered?
(a) For a celebration.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For a book group.
(d) For a class.
3. Why does Michael take Alan away from the group?
(a) Because he has a stock tip for him.
(b) Because the others are making fun of him.
(c) Because he wants some medical advice.
(d) To talk privately.
4. What shocks Harold when he enters the apartment?
(a) The sight of the men watching football on TV.
(b) The sight of Alan and Emory fighting.
(c) The sight of Alan caressing Cowboy.
(d) The sight of Alan and Emory kissing.
5. Which of Michael's friends is Alan a little skittish about?
6. What does Alan symbolize for the men?
(a) The need to succeed.
(b) The intrusion of mainstream society.
(c) The specter of death.
(d) Living in denial.
7. Why does Emory make Alan uncomfortable?
(a) He is too effeminate.
(b) He smokes like a chimney.
(c) He uses foul language.
(d) He is drunk.
8. Who does Donald say is responsible for his being gay?
(a) His parents.
9. What is the sexual persuasion of the people in the story?
10. What is Alan's sexual persuasion?
11. What excuse does Cowboy give for wanting to leave early?
(a) Early meeting tomorrow.
(b) The flu.
(d) Back pain.
12. What topic do the men discuss related to school roommates?
(a) Coming out experiences.
(b) Getting drunk.
(c) Pulling all nighters.
(d) Smoking joints.
13. What lifts Donald's spirits?
(a) A new boyfriend.
(b) A massage.
(c) Theater tickets.
(d) Pampering items Michael has purchased.
14. Michael receives a phone call from whom?
15. What is Harold doing as Act 1 ends?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hank claim he had with Larry?
2. How was the play perceived at its introduction in 1969?
3. Cowboy's early arrival kills the ______________________.
4. Which of the following do the men not discuss after Alan arrives?
5. Who does Donald acknowledge is responsible for any necessary changes in his life?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)