|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Michael invite Alan to do?
(a) Come over for a drink.
(b) Go to the theater.
(c) Take an art class.
(d) Join a book club.
2. At what time of day does the story take place?
3. How was the play perceived at its introduction in 1969?
4. What does Alan symbolize for the men?
(a) The need to succeed.
(b) The intrusion of mainstream society.
(c) Living in denial.
(d) The specter of death.
5. It is clear that Cowboy wants to _____________________.
(a) Leave early.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Smoke a joint.
(d) Stay all night.
6. At whose apartment do the men gather?
7. What is the setting as the play opens?
(a) A college classroom.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) An apartment.
8. Which of Michael's friends is Alan a little skittish about?
9. What is Larry's perspective on any agreement with Hank?
(a) He is still thinking about it.
(b) He says he wants out of it.
(c) He is sorry for leading Hank on.
(d) He denies it.
10. The men is the play struggle for ________________________.
(a) Acceptance in mainstream society.
(b) Financial freedom.
(c) Marriage rights.
(d) True love.
11. The story is about how many people?
12. Who is the next man to arrive at the party?
13. What is Michael doing as the play begins?
(a) Taking a shower.
(b) Mixing drinks.
(c) Fixing hors d'oeuvres.
(d) Wrapping a gift.
14. What excuse does Cowboy give for wanting to leave early?
(a) Back pain.
(c) The flu.
(d) Early meeting tomorrow.
15. Why is Emory annoyed at Cowboy?
(a) He smells bad.
(b) He kissed the wrong man.
(c) He is drunk already.
(d) He is dressed inappropriately.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cowboy's early arrival kills the ______________________.
2. Who does Donald say is responsible for his dysfunctional behavior issues?
3. Who is the next party guest to arrive?
4. What has Cowboy been paid to do?
5. Alan claims to not pass judgment on ____________________.
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)