|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alan is conflicted by his own _____________________.
(b) Sexual identity.
(c) Financial problems.
(d) Self esteem issues.
2. At what time of day does the story take place?
3. At whose apartment do the men gather?
4. What does Michael claim fueled his first gay experiences?
5. What does Michael try to explain to Alan?
(a) His alcohol abuse.
(b) An investment tip.
(c) His cocaine problem.
(d) The nature of the party.
6. What does Alan invite the men to do?
(a) Go golfing.
(b) Visit him at his home.
(c) Go out to dinner.
(d) Go to the theater.
7. What is the setting as the play opens?
(a) An apartment.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A college classroom.
(d) A coffee shop.
8. From what room does Alan emerge?
9. Who are the people in the story?
10. Why is Emory annoyed at Cowboy?
(a) He is dressed inappropriately.
(b) He kissed the wrong man.
(c) He is drunk already.
(d) He smells bad.
11. Alan claims to not pass judgment on ____________________.
(a) Other people's religious beliefs.
(b) Other people's lifestyles.
(c) Other people's professions.
(d) Other people's homes.
12. Who is Alan?
(a) Michael's college roommate.
(b) Michael's boss.
(c) Michael's boyfriend.
(d) Michael's brother.
13. What does Hank claim he had with Larry?
(a) An agreement to start a business.
(b) An agreement to buy a house.
(c) An agreement for an exclusive relationship.
(d) An agreement to adopt a child.
14. What does Alan refuse to divulge to Michael?
(a) His homosexuality.
(b) His reason for coming over tonight.
(c) His financial crisis.
(d) His recent medical diagnosis.
15. Who does Donald say is responsible for his dysfunctional behavior issues?
(a) His parents.
(b) His priest.
(c) His grade school teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What topic do the men discuss related to school roommates?
2. The men direct insults to each other and __________________.
3. What excuse does Cowboy give for wanting to leave early?
4. How is Alan dressed?
5. How was the play perceived at its introduction in 1969?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)