|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is obvious that Donald has had an intimate relationship with whom?
2. Which of the following do the men not do while waiting for more guests to arrive?
(a) Watch TV.
(b) Talk about books they have read.
(c) Sip cocktails.
(d) Talk about their jobs.
3. At what is Harold laughing as Act 1 ends?
(a) His singing Cowboy gift.
(b) Donald's dirty jokes.
(c) Michael's odd outfit.
(d) Alan and Emory fighting.
4. What does Donald do after Cowboy finishes singing?
(a) Leads another round of Happy Birthday.
(c) Does a little dance.
(d) Puts new music on the stereo.
5. What is Alan's behavior regarding Michael's friends?
6. What does Alan symbolize for the men?
(a) The specter of death.
(b) Living in denial.
(c) The intrusion of mainstream society.
(d) The need to succeed.
7. What does Michael claim fueled his first gay experiences?
8. What does Michael invite Alan to do?
(a) Take an art class.
(b) Come over for a drink.
(c) Go to the theater.
(d) Join a book club.
9. What is Larry's perspective on any agreement with Hank?
(a) He says he wants out of it.
(b) He is sorry for leading Hank on.
(c) He denies it.
(d) He is still thinking about it.
10. Where is Alan's home located?
(c) New York.
11. What lifts Donald's spirits?
(a) A new boyfriend.
(b) Pampering items Michael has purchased.
(c) A massage.
(d) Theater tickets.
12. Who is the next party guest to arrive?
13. What is the sexual persuasion of the people in the story?
14. In what city does story take place?
(a) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
15. Why is Alan using Michael's friends?
(a) To test the possibility that he is gay.
(b) To assuage his loneliness.
(c) To get free drinks.
(d) To make business contacts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who points out Harold to Cowboy?
2. What is the setting as the play opens?
3. Cowboy's early arrival kills the ______________________.
4. Alan claims to not pass judgment on ____________________.
5. What type of dance do the men do while waiting?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)