|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Michael doing as the play begins?
(a) Wrapping a gift.
(b) Mixing drinks.
(c) Taking a shower.
(d) Fixing hors d'oeuvres.
2. What is Larry's perspective on any agreement with Hank?
(a) He denies it.
(b) He says he wants out of it.
(c) He is still thinking about it.
(d) He is sorry for leading Hank on.
3. What is Harold doing as Act 1 ends?
4. Why is Emory annoyed at Cowboy?
(a) He smells bad.
(b) He kissed the wrong man.
(c) He is dressed inappropriately.
(d) He is drunk already.
5. Whose birthday are the men celebrating?
6. Who points out Harold to Cowboy?
7. Which two men are speaking in an intimate way downstairs?
(a) Donald and Larry.
(b) Larry and Emory.
(c) Donald and Cowboy.
(d) Hank and Cowboy.
8. What does Alan symbolize for the men?
(a) The specter of death.
(b) Living in denial.
(c) The need to succeed.
(d) The intrusion of mainstream society.
9. What is Alan's behavior regarding Michael's friends?
10. What excuse does Cowboy give for wanting to leave early?
(a) The flu.
(b) Back pain.
(d) Early meeting tomorrow.
11. What is notable about Bernard's clothes?
(a) They have tears in them.
(b) They do not match.
(c) They are impeccably tailored.
(d) They are too large.
12. What type of appointment was canceled for Donald?
13. What drink does Donald want?
(c) Red wine.
(d) Gin and tonic.
14. It is obvious that Donald has had an intimate relationship with whom?
15. Who does Donald say is responsible for his being gay?
(c) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Michael, this is one of those parties where everybody is invited and ___________________________.
2. At what time of day does the story take place?
3. In what year does the play take place?
4. What shocks Harold when he enters the apartment?
5. Why have the men gathered?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)