|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose birthday are the men celebrating?
2. Alan claims to not pass judgment on ____________________.
(a) Other people's religious beliefs.
(b) Other people's lifestyles.
(c) Other people's homes.
(d) Other people's professions.
3. How many drinks has Michael had so far this evening?
4. In what year does the play take place?
5. Which of the following is not prevalent in Act 1?
(d) Stereotypical gay clothing.
6. Who does Alan think is the birthday boy?
7. According to Michael, this is one of those parties where everybody is invited and ___________________________.
(a) Brings a gift.
(b) Brings a covered dish.
(c) Does not RSVP.
(d) Then unfortunately shows up.
8. How was the play perceived at its introduction in 1969?
9. What event are the men celebrating?
(a) A birth.
(b) A birthday.
(c) A graduation.
(d) An anniversary.
10. Who does Donald say is responsible for his dysfunctional behavior issues?
(a) His priest.
(c) His parents.
(d) His grade school teachers.
11. How is Alan dressed?
(a) Black tie.
(b) Suit and tie.
(c) Jeans and T shirt.
(d) Casual Friday.
12. Why does Michael take Alan away from the group?
(a) Because he wants some medical advice.
(b) To talk privately.
(c) Because the others are making fun of him.
(d) Because he has a stock tip for him.
13. At what time of day does the story take place?
14. Who is Alan?
(a) Michael's brother.
(b) Michael's college roommate.
(c) Michael's boss.
(d) Michael's boyfriend.
15. Why is Alan using Michael's friends?
(a) To make business contacts.
(b) To test the possibility that he is gay.
(c) To assuage his loneliness.
(d) To get free drinks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Larry's perspective on any agreement with Hank?
2. What excuse does Cowboy give for wanting to leave early?
3. The story is about how many people?
4. What is the name of this play?
5. The men is the play struggle for ________________________.
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)