|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the sexual persuasion of the people in the story?
2. The men is the play struggle for ________________________.
(a) Acceptance in mainstream society.
(b) True love.
(c) Financial freedom.
(d) Marriage rights.
3. How do players of Affairs of the Heart earn extra points?
(a) By not insulting the person they call.
(b) By not crying when making their phone call.
(c) By asking for forgiveness from the person they call.
(d) By verbalizing their feelings to the person they have called.
4. What do the men do after Harold opens his gifts?
(a) Dance in pairs.
(b) Smoke cigars.
(c) Drink martinis.
(d) Eat birthday cake.
5. What does Michael do with Fran on the phone?
(a) Screams obscenities.
(b) Tells her Alan is gay.
(c) Exchanges pleasantries.
(d) Tells her he loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of conversation at dinner?
2. Which of the following do the men not discuss after Alan arrives?
3. What does Alan invite the men to do?
4. What does Michael do during Alan's phone call?
5. What is the setting as the play opens?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)